cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration points between PDM module and Supply chain modules (PP,MM,QM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to have a detail view of the integration points between the PDM and the supply chain modules like PP, MM and QM. Appreciate if you send me any doc on my id : saplogster@gmail.com

Thanks,

Paddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

The Integration depends on the Scenarios and on Requirements

Like DMS will get linked with Material Master, Bill of Materials, Production order, Purchase Order, Sales Order etc

Here you can link Different document types to Material types & even you can build a validation in the Numbering for DIRs & Material Master.

Then Bill of Material also you can have one different type of DIR as Part List/ Item List and can be drawn a report out of it, but again depends on Requirements.

Similarly you can link different Document Types with different purposes like in Inspection plan/inspection method/quality report can also have link with particular DIR configured for.

In case of ECR/ECO you can link any object to ECR and can have a control of version/revision on that object

ECR/ECO can be continued of ORDER CHANGE MANAGMENT (OCM) where in you Production Order/Purchase Order/Sales Order changes can also be tracked and control as well.

These is how you can have a different Integration with PP, MM, QM as per the requirements.

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Points awarded !!

I am leaving this question open for any other usefull feedback from the experts.

Thanks,

Paddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of external PDM system we need to comunicate through BAPI using the CA-PLM

thanks,

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Surya for the inputs !! Points awarded.

0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

we can link the PDM to the MM PP QM through the customization this will in turn provides tab screens through CV01N .

During creating a document type along with status we wnned to define the object links also for linking with R/3 objects. these are the knodes to connect the PDM to other R/3 objects.

SAP provided some R/3 objects only(ex. Materialm master(MM) vendor(MM), Customer(SD) Network(PS) Measuring points(QM). if you want to link some new object, in that case we need to create new tab Screen and program and attach to the documet.

i think you know the path for defining the object links. the re the connecting points.

thanks ,

Surya