cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent-Alert Configurations- are they consistent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have done all the configurations for the generating the alerts.

There is an alert generated for an error on the integration engine.

<b>Error category =>ABAP<=</b>

<b>Error code =>ABAP.APPLICATION_ERROR<=</b>

When i go to sxmb_moni search for the message using Message ID, the message is successful.....

Very confusing.

reg,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

are you sure its the error for ur scenario?goto SLG1 and see if the alert waz triggered for your scenario,its possible that there is some other interface which may be generating the alert.

also check RWB to see what adapters are in error stage.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad and others,

In the alert configuration, I defined a rule to cover all Error Categories () and all Error codes (). This made the alerts to be generated even for the receiving application - errors.

Explanation:

In SLG1 of XI, I have selected "Alert" for object and noticed that there was no alert generated.

On the reciever system, in SXMB_MONI i have seen an error which explained the alert.

reg,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

I have another questoin,

For a particular interface there is an alert triggered and no new alerts are generated unless the old one is confirmed.

Could u please confirm the statement and correct me if I am wrong.

reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>For a particular interface there is an alert triggered and Yes you are right,no new alerts are generated unless the old one is confirmed.

if you have checked the "Supress multiple alerts " ckeckbox in alert configurations,then no alerts will be triggered until the first one has been confirmed.my personal experience is that if that box is checked then we keep on getttin some or the other problem so i never check that box

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

This alert config stuff really irritating.

I have some alerts in my alert-inbox, this has only Sender party and

Sender service. Nothing else is reported in the alert.

That is no: Message ID, Error code or Error category.

These type of alerts dont really make sense?

what do you think

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as error is concerned i guess it is coming from the ECC side...which is being propagated to Integration Engine...XI alerts can only trigger alerts when error occurs in XI system..

Could you try to raise mapping error and check if alerts are generated or not..

I am novice in XI....sorry if there is something wrong