cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAS Sneak Preview Installation SP11 (Latest) - JLoad Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just downloaded WebAS sneak preview (Java Edition) and started installing it.

The installation stops in middle with the following error.

20.06.05 01:47 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sapdb://praveen/J2E [Restart required].

I restared twice but no success. I uninstalled (webas and sapdb) completely and tried again. But I guest the same error again.

Any clues/hints/solutions greatly appreciated.

Regards

Pallayya Batchu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please start the SAP Management Console, that should be on the desktop.

Open SAP Systems - J2E - <hostname> on the left side, you can see the state of the database.

Check if Log or Data are full.

If you start the server the first time after installation it can take up to 1,5 hours your Database is online. If all signs are green in the SAP Management Console try again to restart the installation.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Log and Data are both 0%. I have let the instance run overnight - I still get the same problem when I retry the install.

Jake

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are loged in with the user who wrote the thread you should be able to reward points like in this weblog described.

/people/mark.finnern/blog/2004/08/10/spread-the-love

I checked it in a thread that I wrote, no problem.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to bring my database online by clicking the 'Online' button. I also get the green indicator, showing my DB is online. But when I click retry in SapInst, I get the same error as before:

Jun 22, 2005 11:01:25 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sapdb://TOAST/J2E [Cannot connect to host TOAST [Connection refused: connect], -813.].

Could it be a problem with Windows networking? I have sucessfully installed many previous Sneak Preview releases on this box with no problems...

Any ideas?

Jake

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

it could be that the x_server is not running. You could try starting:

1. the x_server by issueing 'x_server start' from the commandline

2. start the DB using your normal method

3. retry SAPINST.

Does that help?

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same problem as Jake.

I will look into the x_server suggestion, though at the same time, the error message says "Connection refused".

This occurs immediately at the phase where the database load begins.

To me this says the db server is running (the MMC confirms this too), however, it is rejecting the connection.

• What does error code -813 mean?

• Is this a security/authorization access problem?

• Which userid/pwd is being used to connect?

• Is there a SQL tool for MaxDB which could be used to verify the ability to connect?

Can anyone help me get my "Sneak Preview"!?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice Roland.

So I tried 'x_server start' and got this error:

18581 ERROR: Service 'XServer' not installed

Hmmm.

Like Thomas, my problem happens at the start of the database load phase.

Again, I see a green indicator on the MMC console for the Web DBM.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jake

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

'Hmmm' indeed.

Can you try:

1. x_server install

2. x_server start

3. retry the WebAS installation (i.e. try and continue with it).

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solved my problem. Thanks very much Roland.

Do you know, is there a reference somewhere that lists the commands for x_server?

Thanks,

Jake

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

well, you could try 'x_server help'.

Some additional general information can be found here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb/en/1e/6e424089ff2571e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that's exactly what I am looking for.

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the link for MAX DB Tools:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb/en/default.htm

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I award points? I read the document about points but I am not able to click on star. It is not enabled?

I am sorry I want to give points but I am tired of searching the location where I can give points. I would try again tomorrow.

Am I missing something?

I logged in, I tried in IE, firefox but the star icon next to response is disabled. I could not click on it.

Thanks and regards

Pallayya Batchu

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look in this thread:

It seems to be the same error.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The problem shown in the thread does not look like the problem I have encountered. However I am away from my system at this moment to try this fix. I would try this and get back with response by night.

Thanks & Regards

Pallayya Batchu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the problem (from jload.java.log):

Jun 20, 2005 5:50:57 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sapdb://TOAST/J2E [Cannot connect to host TOAST [Connection refused: connect], -813.].

It's not the same problem as the thread you mention is talking about. I don't think the problem is related to system resources either - I've encountered the same problem on two different boxes 1) dual 3.2Ghz chips w/4GB or RAM and 30GB HD space and 2) dual 1.8Ghz chips w/2GB of RAM and 40GB of HD space.

Anyone at SAP know the solution to this problem?

Many thanks,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all the support. I could successfully complete my installation. As Posted by Renald I went to SAP MMc and looked at the database. The log and data showed me 0%. I observed that the database is offline. I clicked on button "ONLINE". When clicked on online the database icon turned into green color and sessions showed 2. However once it was online I could proceed with installation. The installation stopped again after some time. This time due to the problem as pointed out in above referenced thread. (When ever I restarted the system I had to start the db manually). When I removed those 4 lines from IMPORT.XML (The location of the file is little different in my system. It is in c:\documents and settings\<<my login name>>. Once I removed those lines I could complete the installation without any other problem.

I could start WAS (it took around 30 minutes on my system) and test portal also.

Thanks all again for the support. I treat that the answer given my Renald is helpful and would award the points.

Thanks & Regards

Pallayya Batchu

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in which phase the installation stops?

If you restart the server it needs a long time to start the database, depending of the phase of installation. If you have a small server it could need up to 100 minutes.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear renald,

The server stops after Step 22 of installation. The steps in the installation window show's the following things.

Register secure store for SDM - Successful

Register SDM Targets - Successful

Configure SDM Target Systems - Successful

Unpack SCS Client - Successful

SAP J2ee server engine Core - Successful

Load Java Database Client - Fails

I am not so sure if my server is small or big. My system/laptop has AMD Athlon 64 4000+ with 2GB Ram.

I dont see any activity in the taskbar to say that the system is starting/stopping something. I kept the system whole night but nothing happens. The entire system is in idle mode.

By the way one more observation. My OS is Windows XP SP2. I dont know if it makes any difference but i just want to make sure everyone knows the env.

Regards

Pallayya Batchu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jake