cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aggregation and disaggregation of Key figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please let me know what is aggregation and disaggregation of Key figures?

And let me know how to define it.

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, forecast key figure can show a value for every characteristic value combination, but you cannot assign a value for disaggregation in planning area administration, you only can assign a key figure.

The common way is to assign APODPDANT (proportional factor key figure) as a basis for disaggregation.

Then, you can run proportional factor calculation from tansaction /SAPAPO/MC8V.

Hope this help.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So according to aggregation and disaggregation the same key figure will show different forecast at different levels. If that is the case what aggregation value should I need to assign to the key figure in the planning area administration.

Awarded Points.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I think that this question has been answered in another message yours.

But, no problem.

Aggregation is only a sum of values, and disaggregation is a distribution of a high level in lower levels.

Let me use an example.

You have products A, B, and C. All these products are from brand X. Also you have proportional factors for cvc's like these: (X,A)=25%, (X,B)=25%, and (X,C)=50%.

If you run a forecast at level brand and obtain 100 units, so you obtain a forecast at an aggregated level and this forecast will be disaggregated for characteristics at a lower level.

Forecast X = 100 so:

-Forecast (X,A) = 25

-Forecast (X,B) = 25

-Forecast (X,C) = 50

But if you run 3 forecast for the lower levels Forecast (X,A) = 30, Forecast (X,B) = 40, and Forecast (X,C) = 60. The aggregation of these results in only a sum. So, the forecast at brand level Forecast X is 304060 = 130. As you can see, you use proportional factor only to disaggregate.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos