Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I’am with the follow problem.

I need to reserve stock for some customer. I am working in a company that has the MTS strategy. But we have some commercial agreement that we must maintain a determined service level.

In this issue, it is necessary that when one of these special customers enters with the sales orders the system check the ATP (Available to Promises) considering the reserved stock. On the other hand, it doesn't’t possible for the other customers use this reserved stock.

This way, we need to maintain stock segregate for some customer.

I think some solutions:

- Create some storage location. This solution is not viable because I need create several storage locations one by customer that I need reserve stock.

- Use the transaction MB21. But this transaction doesn't’t reserve stock for the customer. It is possible others sales order “steal” the material reserved.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks

Gabriel Ribeiro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gabriel,

If you want to reserve stock for a particular customer use a special stock partner by proceeding as follows:

Create a customer master record for the special stock partner (account groups 0001 and DEBI are defined for this purpose in the standard system).

Enter the special stock partner in the relevant customer master record on the partner screen using the partner function SB.

When you create an order for this customer, the system automatically proposes the partner function SB in the document header and the document items. Goods which have been entered in the order are always posted to the stock of the special stock partner when goods issue is carried out. You can also enter the partner function SB manually in the document header or in the relevant items if a special stock partner is required and is not proposed from the customer master record. If a special stock partner does not exist in the document header, inventory management is carried out using the sold-to party.

This way u can ensure that the stock is getting reserved for that particular customer.

Hope this is helpful . Please reward points if so.

Regards,

Nagesh Murthy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please,

Somebody has other idea about this point?

Or, please, see my questions and doubts.

Regards

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I liked your suggestion and I did several tests. But I am with some doubts.

> What moment must I reserve the stock?

I believed that we have to reserve that material before to insert the sales order.

> When I am run the ATP for one customer that has reserved stock I need run the ATP considering only the reserved quantity.

In my test the ATP run considering all the stock in plant.

Thanks,

Gabriel

Message was edited by:

Gabriel Simone Ribeiro