cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration / Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for a way to get around using the quote/order quantity as the costing lot size in variant configurator.

Many stock materials have a standard costing lot size. Such as Material X is 480 SY.

I want to cost Material X using it’s standard costing lot size instead of the order quantity on the quote.

I am interested to find out if an object dependency can be written to incorporate that standard or if a costing variant can be created to work with this need. Hopefully we wouldn’t have to use a different costing variant for each standard costing lot size we would want to use. Either way I am looking for any type of solution around using the order/quote quantity as costing lot size.

Also we have materials that do not have a standard costing lot size set, but use the minimum order quantity from the manufacturer. That min would be the costing lot size. This is for some DMD’s and such and we can find out what those minimums are beforehand. There would be materials that we would have to source and then find mins, but that is a different problem altogether.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only two characteristics that determine costing lot size are Matl_Type & Matl_Thickness. How do I use a table that I can create to pick my costing lot size using these two characteristics? Where do we find out how to incorporate this to cost, Costing Variant? I am struggling to comprehend where to assign the dependency.

Thank you very much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like I may run into a problem with the characteristic that stores the order quantity. I want to use a costing lot size of 480 SY for MATL_TYPE = NOMEX and MATL_THICKNESS = 0.005. But if my Characteristic of MATL_THICKNESS = 0.010 then I want to use a costing lot size of 260 SY. In either case I want those respective Costing Lot Sizes to be used no matter what my order quantity is in the quote document. Alos, would I still need a characteristics for order quantity that would be greater 0?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

If the value of costing lot size is not based on order quantity, then you can very well get away with a characteristic for order quantity and use a procedure dependency to determine the costing lotsize only based on material thickness.

To ensure that order quantity >0, you can make use of some user exits used in variant configuration.

If i come to know about some user exits for this purpose, i will let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Response:

This sounds like it could very well be the solution we need. I am not that familiar with Costing Variants, but it sounds like the dependency in the Costing Variant will direct where the costing lot size is picked up and will use what is loaded in the table, instead of my order quantity. Any help we can get on syntax for the dependency for the table would be very helpful.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The syntax for procedure dependency is as follows.

0010 $SELF.COLOR = ‘GREEN’ IF PRESSURE >= 10

where

COLOR is the cost variant characteristic

PRESSURE is the characteristic where the order quantity is stored

So

Carefully looking at your reqmt i think the configuration shoudl be as follows.

Create 2 reference characteristics

One should be to have the order quantity stored

Another is to determine the value of cost variant based on the value of the characteristic which stores the quantity.

I hope this helps you.

Can you please assign full points if it helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha Krishnan,

Can you forward documents for Variant configuration to my id:balajisounder@yahoo.com if you have?

Thanks & Regards,

Sp.Balaji

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mail sent to you balaji

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

For your reqmt,

1. Find out where is the costing lot size stored during transaction( I mean the table name and the field name)

2. Now create a costing variant , as a reference characteristic and give this table name and field in the additional data tab of this characteristic.

3. Write a procedure dependency for this to update teh costing lot based on your material/minimum order quantity etc.

4. Assign to this characteristic

Now your requirement should work , if you need any further query, pls lemme know.

Reward point if it helps.