cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPNW2004sJava_SP9 Trial eition - Install issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the SAPNW2004 java edition, but I always seem to gert stuck on the step Create Database schema.

I am installing on Windows XP Professional service Pack 2

The installation just hangs on this step, (setp 13 of 29 OR 16 of 32) The CPU is still showing a 90% usage so I am wondering what is going on.

I have left it running over night, but the installation is still just stuck on the same step.

I already have the DB (MaxDB) created in the step before the Net Weaver install.

Any ideas why this may be happening

Jawahar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

I was facing the same problem (stuck on the database schema thing) which drove me crazy.

Eventually, I figured that the problem might be related to the password I was using ( a@1234567 due to security reasons limitation ).

I changed the password to something else ( a_1234567 ) and the problem was resolved.

I suggest you try this, it might also solve your problem.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Effi

I will try to change my password and see I too had @ in the password. I will keep the forum posted about my results.

Jawahar

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jawahar, Effi,

I have a 2004s SPS 9 system. There I can create users with an @ in the password and log on with them. The @ itself should not pose a problem for the password. I am speculating here, but could it be that you are using something like your e-mail address for user ID and password? The AS Java by default does not let you include your user ID in the password.

user ID: me@example.com

pwd: me@example.com123

Such a password would be rejected by the AS Java.

If this is not the case there may indeed be an installation issue with using an @ in the password.

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Can you please check the installation log? There must be some message on what the system is doing.

Regards

Nidhi