cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message appearing in German

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a date field in my webdynpro application. When I enter the date in a wrong format it throws an error message asking me to enter the date in correct format, which is perfectly fine. However, the problem is the error message is appearing in German. This is the only message which is appearing in german.

All other error message which I'm displaying is appeaing in English. This is not a user specifc error, I have checked that.

We recently upgraded our server from Netweaver 04s SP9 to SP10. Is this is support package problem???

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhawal_joshi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

There could be number of reason why the error messages is shown in german. Please check what is the case in your application

1) If you are using a model like RFC which creates a simple type based on information available from Backend/R3 server in that case , the simple type will store the text which are present at the backend. Thus kindly check if this is the case then you might have to check the text at backend

2) You have created a simple type on your own , in this case check the project which contains the simple type should not have langugage as german.

3) Check if your project is translatable , in that the problem could be in transaltion service as well . See the final archive created from CBS , and check the .properties file .xlf file and find the text in it . Also if project is translatable and you are loggin at runtime in different local it will adopt as per the logged in locale .

4) If you are working on portal such settings are also possible at administrator level.

According to me the most common case is 1. Thus check what the simple type holds as a text also you could check the archive contain what text.

I hope one of the proposed solution would solve your problem

Regards

Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhawal,

Thank you for a prompt reply.

All the standard error messages, which are thrown by the Wbdynpro runtime when it validates the data type of value entered in an inputfield, are being displayed in german. All the other error messages which I'm displaying using message manager are being displayed in english.

For eg. If I enter a string value in an input field bound to n attribute of type integer it displays the error in German. I'm nt using any custom simpletype in this case. I'm using the built in type integer.

Regards,

Pradeep

dhawal_joshi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As you replied you are not using any custom simple type and also as other Web Dynpro runtime errors are in english. It left us with only 2 possibilities

1) Text via backend are in German language , You could check those .

2) Problem in trasnlation . Did you check the created archive , what is getting deployed in *.propeties file

regards

Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Can u tell these things:

1. Are u using translation for ur views??

2. What's the logon language defined for ur user in portal?

Bcos it may happen that ur user has logon language defined as german ,so from the webdynpro runtime,u r getting all the messages in german.

regards

Sumit