cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty target Idoc Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have a File to IDoc scenario. I want to obtain in the target IDoc also the empty fields that in my Graphical Mapping are filled with an empty constant. However, when I go on SAP R/3 to see the produced IDoc, I see that all fields that I have mapped with an empty constant, are absent. I don't want this!!! I want to display this fields with no values!

How can I do this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer to this blog, only instead of changing the occurance of the IDoc values, change the occurance of the values you want empty, put the minOccurs to 1 for each of them, this might be a tedious process but it should work, especially because this is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

See if Ahmad's solution works first though, it sounds like the same thing only easier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have just tried what we are saing, but it doesn't work!

IT DOESN'T WORK, ANYTHING!

Please, give me an other Idea! The IDoc adapter erases my empty fields!!!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm,sounds kinda interesting:)

anyways,try using Tab instead of Space,also since this has to do something with IDOC's ,try posting the same question in the ABAP forum.XI is sending it properly,looks like u need to make some configurations in the IDOC to achieve the solution.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how well you can do this, but what Venugopalarao said would be my next choice, I'm going to try and find the blog that explains this process for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, since that works in the message mapping tester and not the actual IDoc, this might not be fixable in the message mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have learned that XI is a very very very powerful middleware!!! This issue is possible to solve, I'm sure! It is not right, if I map with a '0' value, also in the Message Mapping Tester I see '0' in the target field and not an empty string that is what I want!

Other ideas? This is a simple issue!

Thanks!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

While Mapping the empty constant , double click on it and give space in the constant and try the same.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have just tried it!!! It doesn't work!

Other ideas?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

one way around is,first of all make the Tag in the IDOC as mandatory(i.e. it should show in red color).after that map it with a constant (and that constant is space).

since it has been made mandatory,it will show on the receiver side as an empty tag

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

and map it to your desired values of course

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a UDF with the name of your choice with no input values. In it write this code.

String variableNul = "";

return variableNul;

I tried this and it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

It doesn't work!!! I have just tried it. The field is not displayed in the created IDoc!

Other ideas?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you do change the occurenace of the field min occurence : 1 so that when you map the souce field constact then the target field will come..

after importing the idoc..export the idoc and change the occurence where ever you required and import this using external schema...then rest all the steps...

why it is absent IDOC meanns..those fields are empty that might be the problem.

Just try for 1 field if it's work..then go ahead.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugo,

I have just done what you say, but the field, in the payload, same as...

<tag\>

Then, the IDoc Adapter erase this field!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it might work for you if you map the value '0' to those fields which you wish to exist, but have nothing in them

type in the constant block, '0' exactly as I have typed it, with the quotes. This is XI's null input.

-I'll take points if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I try to do what you have suggest me, but it don't work! In the IDoc fields that I have mapped with the '0' constant, I see the value '0', that is the same that I have mapped. XI doesn't seem tto translate the value '0' with empty string value.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morgante,

Just map all the fields with constants which are marked in red. And also map the fields with constants for all the segments which have occurrence as 1..1. Is this your business requirements to have a empty IDoc?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use the IDoc packaging in my scenario. I need to have some empty fields in the target IDoc then I map these with an empty constant, but when I see the IDoc in SAP R/3 usinf we02 transaction, the fields mapped with an empty constant value, are absent!!!

How can I map empty fields in the IDoc?

Thanks!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

<i> I have mapped with an empty constant, are absent. I don't want this!!! I want to display this fields with no values!</i>

Can u please clarify this. Where u mapped the constant either on Segment level or on element level

Best regards,

raj.