cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web AS 6.40 SP9 CCMS fault to post DSR data on STATTRACE and ST03G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone help me to find SAP_REORG_NONE_R3_STAT_DB this job on the R/3 system?

I have CCMS agent installed using -j2ee option. Basically I was trying to collect some DSR statistical data to my Global system monitor and Functional trace page. However, CCMS agent install successfully, RFC connections are correct, but I still couldn't see "SAPJ2ENode

" under the "Workload" entry on the left panel. As well as my functional trace couldn't return any raw data to the page. I have turn on my Distributed Statistics service and activate all the trace config modules (JDBC trace, RMI Connector, HTTP service, EJB container, RFC connector.....) And I also applications are started. Can someone help me why I cannot see any statistical data and performance trace?

I have Web AS J2EE 6.40 SP9 on Win2k server connecting to R/3 system with Web AS ABPA 6.40 installed.

Thank you,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

As soon as you have sapccmsr agent running on your J2EE node properly configured and appearing in RZ21, you should be able to see the SAPJ2EE node in STATTRACE transaction.

If you don't, try the following:

1. Go to STATTRACE transaction.

2. Double click on Settings & Log ->Systems Selection.

3. In the right frame, click on systems and select local. You should see both SAPJ2EE and SAPJDBI (not always appears) nodes added to the systems list.

4. Click apply.

If you also want to see SAPJ2EE system statistics in ST03G, you should have SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_NONE_R3_STAT job properly defined.

If you don have it, do the following:

1. While logged in with a user with administrative privileges, go to SM36 transaction.

2. Click on Standard Jobs. You will see alll the standard jobs defined there. If you don't have SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_NONE_R3_STAT in the list, continue.

3. Put BC in the R/3 component.

4. Click on selection button in the Job Name field. SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_NONE_R3_STAT will be there. Choose it. You'll see Job Info and Rept Name fields filled in automatically.

5. Choose the system to execute the job in ServerName field(usually you should choose the local one) .

6. As start time choose Immed. Put Hourly as period.

7. Click save.

The job will start immediately and then run each hour. After the job is finished, you should be able to see the SAPJ2EE node in ST03G. Again, if you don't, you may try the trick described above for STATTRACE.

Best regards,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help. After I followed your steps, I can see the DSR data in the STATTRACE. However SAPJ2EE node still not show on the ST03G. (SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_NONE_R3_STAT job has been set by hourly and run correctly) Do I need to configure the SLD before I register the CCMS agent? Currently I have SLD and data supplier bridge running. How come SAPJ2EE node still not show on the ST03G.

Please help

Justin

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need SLD for this.

Anyway I had once a similiar effect as well, that for some reason the entry in ST03G didn't show up. I did the whole configuration again and then it worked. It was a really strange behavior.

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Did you follow the steps I described for STATTRACE also ST03G, namely:

1. Go to ST03G.

3. In the right frame, click on systems and select local. You should see both SAPJ2EE and SAPJDBI (not always appears) nodes added to the systems list.

4. Click apply.

If SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_NONE_R3_STAT job has run and finished with no errors, this should solve your problem with ST03G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I followed all your steps many times and both SAPJ2EE and SAPJDBI activated on System Selection of ST03G. SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_NONE_R3_STAT job is running hourly without any error. Seems configurations correctly, but I still couldn't see SAPJ2EE and SAPJDBI nodes under the Workload tree on the ST03G. I always see "No directory for available (2)" message on application log of ST03G. Do you have any ideas what this message mean?

Thank you for the help.

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, another suggestion:

1. In RZ21, go to Technical Infrastructure->System Repository->Update(locally). Choose Immed. and press Copy. It'll say "Job CCMS_LOAD_REPOSITORY_LOCDATA" has been scheduled. Wait till the job end (it may take some time, verify it using SM37).

2. Verify your J2EE system is registered in system respository (SCR): Infrastructure->System Repository->Display. You should be able to see CCMS_Domain->SAPJ2EENode->You system ID.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I updated(locally) system repository as you told me. And I can see my system ID under CCMS_Domain->SAPJ2EENode. But I still couldn't see the J2ENode and SAPJDBI nodes under the "Workload" tree on ST03G. The only entry I can see under the "Workload" tree that is my SAP system "SAP R/3 C24". Is that the reason because I am using trial version for both SAP system and WebAS Java?

Do you have any idea about "No directory for available (2)" this error message in ST03G application log?

Thank you so much,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin,

When you do:

1. Go to ST03G.

3. In the right frame, click on systems and select local.

Do you see you see a table? What is in the table?

If there is a system with type SAPJ2EENode, check the checkbox on its right and click "Apply".

Please, let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

After I selected local in the systems selection page, I saw two entries. One is SAP R/3. The other one is my SAPJ2ENode. I'v checked both checkboxes already. Once I click "Apply". It didn't change anything. I still couldn't show the SAPJ2ENode under the "Workload" tree on ST03G.

Thanks again,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin,

So, if I understand correctly, you can see the data in STATTRACE but not in ST03G. The reason might be something is wrong with the aggregations. We'll need to check logs and settings underControl->Distributed Statistic Records in ST03G.

In particular, could you, please, post the Collector log for Today?

Thanks,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Actually all collector log are showing successfully. Here is the latest log info from the Collector log page. (Due to I am using the trial version, so the date is not today.)

Thanks

Justin

Identification

Object________________

BCSGLWL (SAP Global Workload Statistic Collector)

Subobject_____________

External ID___________

Collector for None-R/3-Statistic

Log number____________

Created:

Date__________________

Time__________________

01:04:56

User__________________

WANJU06

Transaction code______

Program_______________

SAPLSAPWLN3_COLLECTOR

Operating mode________

B (Batch processing)

Expiry date___________

Keep until expiry_____

Log can be deleted before expiry date

Processing status_____

not specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin,

What do you mean by saying "Due to I am using the trial version, so the date is not today"? Does it mean the clock on the J2EE and/or R/3 system is current?

This can screw you up badly, especially if there is clock difference between the J2EE and the R/3 systems.

The way the aggregation works, it keeps all the data for the last 48 hours (this is where the "Last Minute's Load" comes from), then aggregates it on daily, weekly and monthly basis. If the new samples have date/time stamp which is looks not current, the aggregator might get confused and throw them away thinking these are just bad samples.

So, the bottom line: please, make sure your clocks for both R/3 and J2EE systems are synchronized (check also the timezone settings, incorrect timezone, even with the right clock, can also cause problems like this).

Hope this helps.

Thanks and best regards,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have to say all you suggestions are very helpful and valuable. I have known that the clock difference will cause the aggregation problems. I mean my J2EE and R/3 system date settings are not today (9/15), however they both have synchronized timezone settings on Aug 4th. I have been trying to figure out this problem for 2 months at least. Please help......

Thank you very much,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin,

Looks like a bit difficult to get it nailed down.

Do you see any errors in the colectors log? I mean, there must be many entries there, with bubbles (green, yellow or red) on the left side.

How many of these do you see? With which colors? If there are reds, what the corresponding log messages says?

Thanks,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, all the bubbles are green. There was no error shown. BTY, can you see anything on the "Contents of Performance Database" page? Go to ST03G->Control->Distributed Statistics Records->Contents of Performance Database. In my case, there is nothing shown on that page. How about yours?

It also may be something very simple we just missed.

Thanks for your time,

Justin

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

just one remark: The SAPJDBI node is never visible, the feature doesn't exist anymore in NW04. I know it is still mentioned in some documentation.

Regarding the other problem with the SAPJ2EE node I don't have an idea yet. Sorry.

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

I also have same environment and in my Dsplay log all bubbles are red.

can you please tell me wht i need to do?

bcause earlier ccms was configured but now i want to configure DSR.

can you please help me.

i have to do complete configuration of DSR.

Thanks in Advance,

Atul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin -

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Thanks!

- Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Can you see J2EE node in transaction ST03G?

Vince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

You exactly got my point. No I couldn't see the J2EE node in ST03G. According to the doc in the Contents of the DSR Database page we should see DSR database in the table after SAP_REORG_NONE_R3_STAT_DB perform once a day. However, I didn't see anything showing on that page either. BTW, I want to describe my scenario again, I am using Win2k Server machine only have WebAS Java 6.40 SP9 installed and I tried to display the DSR/Performance trace on the SAP R/3 system with WebAS ABAP 6.40 installed. Do you know why?

Thanks

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me why my R/3 system doesn't have SAP_REORG_NONE_R3_STAT_DB this job?

Thanks

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see the remote agents in RZ21?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I do. And the RFC connections to the R/3 system, segment, even remote J2EE engine are all connected.

Thanks

Justin