cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import issues while Importing Required Software Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am currently facing an issue in scenario 2+. I have created a product and a software component as described in the tutorials.

I have checked in the 3 required dependencies without any issue. But When I am trying to import them, it keep running for ever.

The status is not changing. It seems that there is an issue in the import. How can I know what's happenning behind? Is there any log files? Is there any transaction that would help me to understand what's happenning?

I am running on SP12 with a landscape directory and a name server located on a different server.

Kind Regards

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, you need to make sure that CBS is well setup.

For that, you need to open J2EE administrator and look at CBS. There you should make sure tha JDK is well setup and that the settings implies that the CBS is running (idlestart I think)

Then, once you have done that, go in the CBS and build the compartment. If this work, that show that CBS can pick up request and build simple stuffs.

Then, try gain to import. If it fails, you can go in the Log Viewer and see if there is any error message in the default log file.

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go to visual administrator by using go.bat

In that select CBS service in that check that property <i><b>ideal start</b></i> is set to false.

This will solve the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi divya kumar jain,

in advance thanks,

i am clicking onthe import softeare component versios i got the below message

access to object list of type ExtSwc using the internal EOA Service SwcAccessor Failed

if u know the problem solving kindly respond.

plz any one know the problem solving can respond.

thanks

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having the same problem.

Did you resolve this issue.

Can you please send me your solution.

I am having this problem when I am trying to activate an activity where in it stays in the queued state.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Padmaja Ragavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can request Details for every import. This opens a kind of popup window which provides - amongst others - links to log files. See what the logs say and post some of them if they don't give you hints for what might be wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got the following log files:

Repository-import => Import finished

CBS-make => Import failed

If I look at CBD make, I can see the following coming over and over

Info:wait until CBS queue of buildspace WAS_APPL_D is completely processed, before starting the import

Info:waiting for CBS queue activity

Info:build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms (1)

If I go in CBS buildspace, I can see the following request is enqueued:

QUEUED ; INIT_COMPARTMENT

I cannot interact with this request and it is a request that is one day old. There is no log file for thsi request.

Antoine