cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am ABAPer . But i want to know about Invoice.

Please explain me if some body knows.

Awaiting for your replay.

Thanks,

Subbu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subbu,

from ABAP point of view invoice is the billing document which can be processed via the transactions VF01 (create), VF02 (change), VF03 (display). There are some additional transactions for invoice processing like VF04, VF11 etc., which you can check.

The invoice is the subsequent document to sales order or delivery. It contains header (table VBRK) and item (table VBRP). Thec copy control is available under transactions VTFA and VTFL.

Customizing and system menu is located under "Sales and Distribution" and then go to Billing.

I hope, this information will help you to start.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billing represents the final processing stage for a business transaction in Sales and Distribution. Information on billing is available at every stage of order processing and delivery processing.

This component includes the following functions:

Creation of:

Invoices based on deliveries or services

Issue credit and debit memos

Pro forma invoices

Cancel billing transactions

Comprehensive pricing functions

Issue rebates

Transfer billing data to Financial Accounting (FI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanyam,

Invoice is document indicating to delivery goods and Billing is a receipt of payment

Tables are VBRK & VBRP. For flow, go to transaction VF03, enter document number and hit 'Display Document Flow' button on toolbar

VBRK and VBRP holds billing/invoice details.

Billing Document:

Generic term for invoices, credit memos, debit memos, pro forma invoices and cancellation documents.

The tables are VBRK and VBRP.

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

invoice in general terms means a "BILL", which represents

1.bill to party.

2.net value.

3.quantity.

4.material.

invoice is generated once with referece to either to

1. delivery--- then it is known as delivery related billing. (F2)

2.order-- known as order related billing.

usually after delivery before PGI , a invoice document representing the replica of the original invoice is created called PROFORMA invoice,(which does not hit any G/L accounts) is created

two tables such as

1.vbrk--billing header

2.vbrp--billing item represents billing

reward points

regards

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i agree with akmal in an abaper point of view...

in general Invoice is nothing but the paper representation of the of list of materials taken by the customer with prices representating each product, with total amount (including of all taxes and deductions) representating the amount by which the customer is due to the business.

when speaking in SAP or in any software system's point of view when an invoice is generated, an invoice number is raised, this invoice number plays an important role in the rest of the payment & accounting procedures.

study the billing tables so that u can even get an idea of billing process and payment process / VBRK, VBRP, BKPF, AVIK, AVIP

reward if useful

thanks & regards

Naren