cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiobutton problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a radiobutton column and name column in my table.

if i select this radiobutton i have to display the name on the screen.

i mapped the radiobutton selectedkey to one attribute which is of type boolean.

and i created one action and assigned it to radio button's onaction.

but if i click on the radiobutton ,it is giving java.lang.nullpointer exception.

could you please tell the solution for this.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What have you mapped to the KeyToSelect property of the radiobutton ?

Whenever you use radiobutton in a table,

1. bind the property KeyToSelect to a node attribute.

2. bind the property selecteKey to a attribute of same type as KeyToSelect.

i.e the attribute type of KeyToSelect and selectedKey should be same.

3. the attribute that is mapped to selectedKey should be either directly under Context or under the node with cardinality 1..1.

The Value Attribute attached to selected Key Property holds one instance at a time and the Key to select is used to hold different Values for each radio button. so on select of radio button u will have the value the KeyToSelect value in selected Key Value Attribute.

In your case do as explained below

map the "name" attribute under your table node to KeyToSelect property of the RadioButton.

Create a attribute (selected) of same type as "name" directly under the context or under the node with cardinality 1..1 and map this attribute to the "selectedKey" property of the radiobutton.

Create a action and map it to the onSelect event of the radiobutton.

In the action

// if the value attribute mapped to selectedKey attribute is directly under the Context

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager.reportSuccess("Name : "+wdContext.currentContextElement.getSelected());

OR

// if the value attribute mapped to selectedKey attribute is under the node with cardinality 1..1

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager.reportSuccess("Name : "+wdContext.current<node>Element.getSelected());

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

Thanks for the useful reply,but my requirement is now changed .I did as for your solution but i am able to select only one record at a time but now my requirement is ,i should be able to select multiple records and i have to pass these selected records to the table in the other view.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

To select multiple records , use check box a s a table cell editor , other wise make table Selectionmode=multi.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

marking selection mode = multi will throw error untill the table node's selection cardianlity is set to 0..n.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case you cannot use radiobutton.because in RadioButton only one radiobutton can be checked.

For a table to allow multiple selection the "selection" property of the table node should be set to 0..n cardinality. After settign this property you can select multiple record using CTRL tab.

You can also use checkbox instead of radiobutton to show multiple selection.

but then the table node property "selection" has to be set to 0..n.

First view context

TableNodeA (cardinality 0..n/1..n,selection 0..n)

---Name

Map the First view context to second view context through Component controller.

Dispaly View context

TableNodeB

---Name

Once you have selected the records and fired plug to the display view

In the Inbound plug of Display View

wdContext.nodeTableNodeB.invalidate();

for(int i=0;i<wdContext.nodeTableNodeA>().size();i++)

{

if(wdContext.nodeTableNodeA().isMultiselected(i))

{

// create element in the node of Display View

IPrivateDisplayView.ITableNodeBElement elem = wdContext.nodeTableNodeB().createCElement();

wdContext.nodeTableNodeB().addElement(elem);

// add the selected row values to the node of DisplayView elem.setName(wdContext.nodeTableNodeA().getTableNodeAElementAt(i).getName());

}

}

Note: The above code is without checkbox usage

If you want to use checkbox then go through the thread.It discusses the use of radiobuton (for single selection) and checkbox (multi selection) concept and also displaying the selected records in the second view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga Raju,

I used radiobutton and changed the Selectionmode from "auto" to "multi".

but it is not allowing me to select multiple records,it is giving the error "selection of multiple records is not allowed".

I used cardinality and selection cardinality as 1..n and 0..n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

In your solution you said the following code

wdContext.nodeTableNodeB.invalidate();

for(int i=0;i<wdContext.nodeTableNodeA>().size();i++)

{

if(wdContext.nodeTableNodeA().isMultiselected(i))

{

}

but in the second line of code you used the node of the first view.

but we are writing this code in the inplug method of the detailsview,is it right?

then how do you get the reference to the context node of the first view i.e. TableNodeA in this case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Map your first view context to component controller and from their map it to the display view context.

But if your table node is mapped from Component controller to the First view context then map the same node to the context of the display view.

So now the display view will have two table nodes.

One Node of the Display view table and One node of the First view table.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you better use the built-in selection capabilities of the table instead of fiddling around with radio buttons or check boxes. Just change the selection-property of the data source node to switch between single and multiselection.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

let

ur context

|

Group

|-name

|-xx

-selectedkey(String)

ui property of radio button : keytoselect=Group.name

selectedKey=selectedkey.

when binding data to table

for(int i=0;i<size;i++){

IprivateXXView.Igroupelement ele=wdContext.createGroupElement();

ele.setName(//getName);

ele.setXx(//getXX);

wdContext.nodegroup().addelement(ele);

}

get the selected name=

wdContext.currentcontextelement().getSelectedKey();// displays name

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharath..

I think u are trying to use the method which could not be initialized.. So only u can get tht exception.Pls chech tht one...

URs GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satishkumar,

I did not understand your answer.

can you explain your answer so that i can understand it clearly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath..

The key string u r using in the project should not be null while u r selecting the text. I think u r doing the same thing. So tht u r getting tht exception. And for more details check this link..

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/77/e8cf153ebb2e468324ee8acd525fe2/content.htm">Radio Button Specification</a>

URs GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree to Bharath, I think there may not be any available value associated with onaction.