cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all:

I have this requirement, where I need to bring Customer number and Customer's country code (Master data) from R/3 to the BW cube. The standard 0customer_ATTR data souce does have a field (LANDI) from the extraction table for country, but when I extract data to 0customer (infoobject) I could only see customer numbers as 0Customer infobject has all display attribute.

I wonder how do I load the country code for the customer here, Do I need to have a another Characteristic for country code along 0customer in Customer dimension of my cube?

Thanks for the input.

Sadat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you already have the customer country in the ECC datasource, make sure that you have a mapping on BW side, I mean that you should have a corresponding infoobject in BW side. Regarding loading, as customer country is attribute of 0CUSTOMER and as you load the master data, you donot need to have a separate characteristic in the infocube. You however need to select in the infocube definition if the customer country is a display or navigational attribute.

Hope I answered your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu:

Thanks alot for your reply, wondering if you explain me a bit more on your words "You however need to select in the infocube definition if the customer country is a display or navigational attribute".

How do I select in infocube definition if customer country is nav attr, does that mean I need to change the 0Customer infoobject (in there Country-Display attr changed to Navigational attr).

Thanks

Sadat