cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Document Number -external- any user exits?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client needs the Sales document Number to be created Externally and automatically for a particular codification logic, but in SAP external number needs manual intervention.

Is there any <b>User Exit</b> to achieve this?

Plz help

Regards,

Anbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this, USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE

Use this user exit to define the number ranges for internal document number assignment depending on the required fields. For example, if you want to define the number range depending on the sales organization (VKORG) or on the selling company (VKBUR), use this user exit.

The user exit is called up in the FORM routine BELEG_SICHERN.

Regards,

S.P.Balaji

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anbu,

can u brief a little on what condition logic etc.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

iam creating a inquiry in t.code: VA11

The Document follow standard Codification:

<b>____ ____ ____ ____ X X X</b>

1st no -indicates the doc.. E- Enquiry R- Quotation T-order R-Complaint

2nd digit indicates SBU- Strategic business Unit- product ...1 - C , 2 - E , 3 - R,4 - O, 5 - P, 6 - S, 7 - L, 8 - A

3rd digit is current year ..ie., R- 2007

4th digit may be Domestic, eXports or Aeropace

5th, 6th 7th didit is running no.. like 001,002,003 etc.,

when i create th e inquiry in VA11..can i call any exit?

for the numbering, in va11 screen I enter Sales orgn, distbn channel, Division ....................

Domestic, exports, aerospace is linked to distribution channel.......

SBUs are Mapped to Divison

after entering enquiry type (IN), saleas area,i

s it possible to get the number automatically coming in the next screen of VA11?

<i>Example:</i>

an inquiry no. look like <b>ECRD001</b>

any revision in the inquiry will be like <b>ECRD001-01</b>

similarly Quotaion : R093

Sales order look like TCRX-01

In SE80 ..i searched in package VA. Alo in T.code CMOD, SMOD also i searched

can I have sales doc (inquiry,quotation,sales order) external numbering to be atuomated for the a codification logic?

Regards,

Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambu

well firstly there are no standard User Exits which SAP provides for your Query .

Now the question of having an External Number range in SAP itself says you Give the number Manually or externally , the system will not pick or create this automatically. so my question would be how will you create an External number range which is Automatic , i feel it should be internal number range for the system to pick it up automatically.

your Logic is Quite complex as the Business units can change any time and then you always will have to change your Code accordingly ... the year may also change here in your example ... so its gonna be quite complex even if you really want to code this .... have a thought over this...

Hope this helps ..

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can config the external numbering in txn VN01.

You can use an interface to create documents automatically, those 2 things are distincts.

Hope this helps,

Erwan