cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm currently preparing for the XI Dev. certification and have some questions about different XI topics. Would be great if anybody could help out and provide some answers.

1) JDBC Scenario:

the JDBC sender adapter provides all three QoS options, what will the QoS for the receiver adapter be?

2) Actually why does the IDOC and HTTP Adapter reside on the ABAB side of the IS?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

QoS begins with the first interface and carries through the process. So the sender will typically decide the QoS, unless you use a BPM with an asynch/synch bridge. And the receiver just follows through with QoS passed to it.

IDoc and HTTP are in the ABAP stack becuase thats where SAP decided to implement them. I guess since IDoc existed in ABAP for years, SAP felt no reason to port it to J2EE.

Better question from my standpoint, why don't all the adapters run on ABAP instead of J2EE. I think performance would be much better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michael,

HTTP and IDOC adapters are on ABAP stack rest all adapters are on ABAP stack.

Tha ABAP stack consists of the Integration Server which in turn contains your Integration Engine and Business Process Engine.

The J2EE stack contains the Adapter Engine and your IR and ID run on the J2EE engine.

Most of XI pipelines happens in the ABAP stack.

All messsages picked by the Adapter Framework running on the J2EE engine are passed to the Integration Engine, which does the routing. The mapping program again gets executed on the Java stack and the rest of the pipeline servies are executed again on the ABAP stack and so on.

please go through links::

-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/4aa47d27-0a01-0010-5db4-bb62dfc8c0...

Former Member
0 Kudos

biplab,

can you explain more detailed about java and abap stack, which steps of the pipeline run in the abap stack, and why "is the idoc and http adapter located in the ABAP stack". I think the file adapter could be located in the ABAP Stack, too ?

The Weblogs not working at this moment.

thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

see actually tha ABAP stack consists of the Integration Server which in turn contains your Integration Engine and Business Process Engine.

The J2EE stack contains the Adapter Engine and your IR and ID run on the J2EE engine.

Ever wondered how and where the XI pipeline gets executed? It happens in the ABAP stack.

All messsages picked by the Adapter Framework running on the J2EE engine are passed to the Integration Engine, which does the routing. The mapping program again gets executed on the Java stack and the rest of the pipeline servies are executed again on the ABAP stack and so on.

for IDOC and HTTP u think in a different way..u r confusion will be clear then...

for idoc and HTTP we dont give any communication channel..

and also we don't give the sender agrremen.

u cant locate FILE Adapter in ABAP stack...

And the weblog is working check it

Regards

biplab

Message was edited by:

biplab das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi biplab

concerning your remark:

<i>for IDOC and HTTP u think in a different way..u r confusion will be clear then...

for idoc and HTTP we dont give any communication channel..

and also we don't give the sender agrremen.</i>

The IDOC as well as HTTP receiver com. channel is required, as well as the receiver agreement. I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

sorry i was pointing abt the sender communication channel.

see the main concept is...we need communication channel to connect with Integration server.But IDOC and HTTP are both in ABAP stack..so no externer path is required to communicate with integration server.

<i>And..see IDOC and HTTP are in ABAP Stack ...why??/

>>these are written in ABAP :)</i>

all other adaptors are written in JAVA...

also note that...sender IDOC adaptor option is there...but we dont use..

It is kept there by SAP for future enhancement...

Reagrds

Biplab

Message was edited by:

biplab das

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1) JDBC Scenario:

the JDBC sender adapter provides all three QoS options, what will the QoS for the receiver adapter be?</i>

>>>

All details of the QoS is specified at the link -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm it supports all BE, EO & EOIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish Vijayakumar,

thanks for the quick response, but that links doesn't really answer the question(s). I can select alle 3 types of QoS in the sender adapter, as described in the link which you've posted, but in the receiver JDBS adapter I don't have the option of choosing a QoS type. So my questions is, what will the receiver adapter QoS be?