cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows cannot access.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have imported an existing web dynpro application. and now when I try to deploy the application, it gives following error msgn !

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item".

Any idea, what's going on ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this it may work

Right click project-->Repair-->Project structure and classpath

Regards,

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I did this already, but did not work, actually I do not understand the reason of this error ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

I think you must have placed the original project folder inside other folder, in the workspace. Please check it...

regards,

Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

How a str of a project in workspace should looks like ?

Can you pls help ....

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

Are u getting any error when u create the archive of project?

I think the workspace is in some other user's private folder.

You might have created the project from other user's login.

I m just guessing ..

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

I have not yet tried to create the archive of the project.

Secondly, the workspace is in my own system...well I am thinking to change the workspace, can you pls let me know the str of the workspace + web dynpro porjects....

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Okey, my workspace is at following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Documents\SAP\PortalSources\workspace1

So inside the workspace1, there are couple of web dynpro project. e.g TESTREPORT. ( this is the project which i want to deploy and run ). Inside the TESTREPORT folder there is bin forlder. and inside the bin folder there is e.g folder name reportpack, and there exists all application e.g Zvbap.wdapplication ( which I try to run and windows gave me the error )

Any idea, what I am doing wrong ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Workspace holds all projects under NWDS (You can see the default workspace by Window->Prefernces->WorkBench->WorkSpace). It can be either projects created from NWDS(It will be inside default workspace.) or project imported (It can be outside defualt Workspace). U can import projects from outside workspace , provided that project should not be there in NWDS. If the project already exists, then it will give error, saying that project already exists. So u must delete it before import.

In ur case, first copy the project from the workspace to some other folder. U can find the workspace of project by taking the properties->Info of ur project.

After copying, delete the project (just rightclick and delete). Select donot delete contents. After that, choose File->Import->Existing project in to WorkSpace and select the project u had copied

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fahad,

I did the same procedure give by you i.e.

I have delete the existing project. then I went to file - import - existing proejct, and then I rebuild, and I did deploy on the project, and it deployed successufly, the I did right click to the application ( in my case its Zsreport ) and press deploy rew arvice and run, and it gave me the same error msg. I also tried run, but same error msg ?

Any idea, what I am doing wrong ? ( can my permission access be an issue ) ?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shah..

May i knw from wher u got tht Project..It seems tht project does not have proper rights to access.. Possibe get the whole project again.. and try.. Again same error messa occur means,, then u r not having rights to access..

URs GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shah,

it's obviously not a problem which results from your workspace configuration/location. Since the error occurs on <b>deploying</b>, the server (user) might not be allowed to create the necessary files during deployment.

Are you deploying to a local or remote J2EE engine?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I am trying to deploy over remote engine ?

How I can verify that its remote engine / access / permission issue ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shah,

please have a look at Windows/Preferences/J2EE Engine in your Developer Studio whether remote or locale J2EE engine is configured.

Despite the fact, where the engine is running, the <SID>adm user must have all rights accessing the installation folder (normally C:/usr/sap...).

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply

Yes the _J2EE engine is running well ( however I have given the IP Address of the server, when I give the name then its not working ), secondly, when I just try to deploy the project, it actuallly successfully created an EAR file, but when I try to run or archieve and run the application, it gives me this error, though even it gives the msg that, the finished deployment .....

I have not idea, what is going on ?, ... any tip what I can do to verfiy that its REMOTE server issue ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am only providing the SDM password inorder to deploy the applicaton ? does it not enough ...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shah,

very strange, since your deployment succeeds, but running fails, the permissions (regardless of remote or local) seem to be sufficient for deployment, but not for running the WD application ?!? Are there some file related accesses inside the application you're trying to run? Any access to an external folder which might not exist??

Sorry, i'm running out of ideas. Hopefully somebody else has a solution.

Regards,

Stefan

P.S.: Providing SDM password (once) is sufficient normally and since deployment succeeds, this is not the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, Vielen Danke

Actually what I am doing right now is to import an existing project, and try to run, which fails while running..... ( but successfully deployed )....

So now I am creating a test web dynpro applicatoin, and will try to run, lets see if I get the same error msg or not, if same error msg then its remote engine issue otherwise its the code / workspace issue....

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bitte schön

Please keep us informed about your progress anyway (i hope you have one...). If i would have to place a bet:

1. The test WD application will work from scratch.

2. The imported one will still fail running.

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I have created a TEST web dynpro application, and guess what, .... same result.... means successfully deployed, ( using SDM password ) but when I try to run, it gaves the same error msg........

Any idea, what I can do to test, it more,

MFG,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shah,

1. Are you able to access the server logs (defaultTrace.trc especially) via Visual Admin/Log Viewer? Maybe there are some more detailled informations available helping us out.

2. Did you install/setup the J2EE engine by yourself or was the setup done by someone of your basis team? If the second is true, ask them to recheck the permissions of the J2EE engine user on the target system.

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morgen Stefan,

Man you really got up early in the morning , ( wo bist du im deutschland, ich bin momentan im Gütersloh )....

Okey, regarding your posts: actually I do not have admin rights, thus unfortunatelly could not reach to the Log ....

I have recieved the IP address and SDM password from basis team, which I set in NWDS, and then deploy the ear file,

One very strange thing which I realize that, when I try to do "archieve and run", comes the "finishied deployment", then pop-up that error msg, "windows cant acess....." and the heade of this msg shows a URL...http://server:port...-...and when I place this url in browser, then it shows me the right content, so one thing is very clear, that deployment is happening, but why not running, no idea......... :(...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

i went to Berlin this morning and, waiting for my wife to get me to the airport, i wrote the message

Please ask your basis team for (temporary) admin rights or ask them to provide at least an access via the LogViewer. Without that, i'm afraid, it's like looking into our magic crystal ball.

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

Can you check the path of the application where you have imported.I think you must have imported in diffrent workspace.

Please put the application into the your workspace and then import.

regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you pls explain what do you mean ?

Actually when I import the Web Dnypro application ( the Application imported automatically, and now I try to run and deploy this avaiable application, which gave the error msg )....

What I can do to fix the issue ?

Regards,