should i study ABAP?

Thanks

Tamilvelan T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

As a J2EE expert it is good and easy for you to shift to XI as java skills are required many a times.

ABAP knowledge if an additional advantage but it can be learned as you move on wit the development work.

Mudit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normal pre-requisites are:

• Fundamental XML and SOAP knowledge

• Basic SAP interfacing and IDOC/RFC knowledge

• JAVA programming fundamentals

• XSLT basics

There is no need of full knowledge of ABAP ....If you have knowledge that would be added advantage for you. As you told that you are from J2EE background.....so you can do JAVA MAPPING very easily

go through the following blogs which are developed based on JAVA concepts...then you will understand the POWER OF JAVA in SAP XI.

JAVA in xi

A very important place where you will use JAVA in XI is while doing your Mapping. There will be cases when JAVA MAPPING is the bestsolution to go for. There are 2 types of Parsers available for JAVA Mapping. DOM Parser and SAX parser. Just got through the following links to understand more on

former_member184543
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe knowledge of SAP settings, BAPI (Structure, Import Parameters, Export Parameters),Idocs are much more important. ABAP coding is needed only in ABAP Mapping places. Overall its best to have a good idea of SAP rather than the coding part of ABAP. I too started recently and i dont have much idea abt ABAP. But certainly did have and still gaining knowledge on various settings and transaction codes in SAP R/3. Its pretty fine. Get in and you will automatically get thru most of it.

Thanks

Anju

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi welcome to sap world...

any programming knowledge with oops concepts is enough to learn java.

knowledge on java, j2ee, ale, idocs is an added advantage.

It is not mandatory to know about abap..

All the Best...

Cheers..

Vasu

<b>

• REward Points if found useful **</b>