cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore SAP* logon in 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have made some settings in XCM (configuration tool for Internet Sales) and since the j2ee server refuse to load as it should. It gets stuck at approx. 170 Mb then to drop down and at the end die. I have checke defaultTrace.trc and there seen the following:

#/System/Server#Plain###Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.#

Could it be the case that something is screwed up in the connection settings in XCM regarding user in R/3 for authentication for Internet Sales?

I tried to restore the login for the portal and see if that helpes but I couldn't find the right place for it. In 6.20 you had a file named "sapum.properties" but this file isn't to be found in 6.40.

Instead I tried to change the key ume.persistance.data_source_configuration so that the portal should use only the database for authenticaton but the result was the same: the j2ee server doesn't load as it should. Is this the right way to go and if so, do I have to delete the other keys regarding user, password, sysID etc for the R/3 system? Or is it something completely different that will be the solution?

Best regards

Benny Lange

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Not sure if I got you right but maybe you'd like to have a look at SAP note 669848.

Hope that helps!

Vladimir

Answers (0)