cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM alternative sources of supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Issue: when planning the production with CTM if there is no production resource capacity available to cover the demand within certain bucket CTM is planning production backwards instead of considering alternative sources of supply (e.g. alternative production resources within the same location or alternative sourcing location).

Can someone tell me if the functionality (consideration of alternative sources of supply before planning backward) exists in CTM ?

Reward points will be giving.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gyo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have observed that CTM does consider an alternative source of supply when required. I would urge you to check master data. Try to take away the primary source of supply from master data selection and check if any load gets passed on to the alternative source at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gyo,

Try limiting the Order Creation frame in CTM global customizing settings. In that case, I have observed that CTM will pick the alternate resource in the same time period (or else it will first go horizontally, fill up the primary resource leading to planning production backwards )

Regards,

Anchal