cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does JCO.Client.setSapGui( ) do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking at the javadoc for JCO, and there is a call for setSapGui(int). The doc doesn't really say what it does. Can anyone tell me what this method is for?

I would like to use it to bring up the login dialog on Windows if possible.

~John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I don't know if this can help you but I used setSapgui(2) to launch the sapgui in invisible mode. That's mean that the sapgui is launched but it isnot displayed.

regards

Mert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a probelm connecting in the standard way with JCO, that works fine. I'm actually reimplementing an existing piece of software that used the Login Dialog provided with SAP GUI to allow the user to login. I was hoping that I could invoke that dialog with JCO to maintain the same look and feel for the user, rather than implement my own dialog with swing.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I think by enabling the SAP GUI with setSapGui(1) you can also call functions with GUI output. But this is only possible when you have SAP GUI installed on the computer you are running the JCO Program. In a Web environment it does not make sense.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I'm not running in a Web environment, but I think this call isn't going to give me the result I'm looking for anyway.

In order to use this call I need a JCO.Client. In order to get one of those I need to provide connection data, which I was hoping I could use SAP GUI to collect. I think I'm out of luck.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your problem with the connection data? That's just Username, Password, Client, Language, Instance and SAP Application Server Hostname.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

By enabling the SAP GUI with setSapGui(1), I can call functions with GUI output. Can I invoke any SAP GUI using this? Suppose I want to invoke the login window of SAP. For this, I must know the function which invokes the login window. This seems to be a bigger problem to know the RFM to invoke a particular SAP GUI. I am trying to develop an application which takes the SAP GUI name from the user and invokes it. Is it possible to develop such a generic application?

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you ask the user for username and password on your own? And use this username and password to establish the JCo Connection. With this approach you also get all authorizations for the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Gregor. I am getting the login details from the user.

But my question is different.Suppose, I want to invoke the Login window of SAP. First I will call setSapGui(1). Then I have to call some function module to invoke the login window. What is that function module? What are the function modules for some other SAP windows? How can I find those function modules? This is my question. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijaya Gopal.