cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying a standard Web Dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to modify ESS 100 SP7 running on a WAS 6.40 SP12.

Has someone ever tried to modify a standard Web Dynpro application ?

My main worry is on how the modified Web Dynpro will react to the application of a SP... It seems that all the modifications will be erased (At least that's what happened when we applied SP7 last week). I am right or did I miss something ?

Second problem : We have a problem with the JDI at build time (CBS), so I have to build and deploy locally. Takes about 30 minutes every time I want to test my modifications, just to build one DC... You need to be patient ! Anyone has a better idea ?

So if anyone has ever taken part in this kind of project, I would really appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well modifying standard ESS could put you into trouble when you do a SP upgrade. I have not done it but there could be adverse effects on your code. What amount of change are you doing. Is it huge. If its a general requirement then maybe SAP could address it in the next version.

When you say it takes time to build a DC in a JDI environment and u mentioned it as 30 mins. Thats too long a time. We use JDI in our infrastructure and max time it takes is around 2-3 mins. Not more than that.

Well what problem are you facing with CBS. JDI will just version manage your code. You can deploy the component to any WAS in your infrastructure. The Code versioning will be maintained by JDI.

But i dont quite get what is the nature of the problem you are facing. Can you be a bit more specific on that.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

thank you for answering.

The problem is that the CBS is not working, so I have to build on my own laptop, that's why I suppose it takes such a long time.

I have no precise question, I was just looking for someone who manged to modify and maintain a standard web dynpro application, so that we could share our experience.

One example of the modification we want to make :

When you create a Travel Plan, we need to add a button which opens a window where the traveler can chose the 2 or 3 people who will validate his Plan. The goal is to integrate this in a workflow.

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julien any luck adding Fields to a web dynpro for travel yet? We are trying to do the same thing. We have given up and we are writing a custom BSP to replace the standard Create Trip. If you have had any luck please send me a note.

thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

where can i get that sap standard webdynpro application code,

I need traval expenses code..

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julien,

we also have the same task , as to modify the standard FPM application.We need to add a new message box within the already existing VAC. How is it possible to modify the standard VAC code delivered by SAP?

Answers (0)