cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Source Files with Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to archive my sending file in repective directory, if it has errors..

It is mentioned in library that A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

What is permanent error?

For example if my input file name is abc.txt which containg 3 fields id,name,address.

i have configured sending file adapter with FCC .

now i have given some faulty entries in abc.txt like for example 4 fields separated by comma,

but this is a error.Asper FCC i have given only 3 fields..

so this error file has to archive in so and so folder.

If i check <b>Archive Source Files with Errors</b> parameter in sending file adapter.

and specified the specified directory.

but its not working for me. file is not picking but its not coming in the archive folder.

In library it is mentioned to see message transfer bean link.

there i found <b>Transform.PermanentErrors: True/False</b>.

If we have not used message transfer bean then, in that case will this parameter <b>archive source files with errors</b> will work for FCC?

Please suggest me .

I would really appreciate if anyone could send a complete blog for this how to archive source files with errors in FCC?

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Reehan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reehan,

I am not sure if you are still stuck with your issue of archiving faulty source files but I came across the same issue. Please check your mode of processing. The faulty source files archiving feature will work good in ARCHIVE mode but not in test or delete mode. I haven't check for set for read-only mode.

Good luck!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reehan,

did you ever get this function to work?

Regards

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are adding Timestamp to the faulty source files, it seems to be working only if processing mode is set to ARCHIVE.

If you don't need to add timestamp to the faulty file, it should even work for DELETE also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Any inputs plz.........

Regards,

Reehan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any hep ????

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reehan,

Everything seems to be correct. But can u confirm which SP u r currently working in? Coz this functionality is supported by XI 3.0 - SP19 & XI 7.0 -SPS10 onwards.

Please confirm the same and reply back to us.

Best regards,

raj.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

never tried this option coz I am not on the corresponding SP.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: Do not direct posts to invidiuals. There are many ppl more than willing to help.