cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default Vendor for Create DC dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the default vendor (sap.com) that is shown in the Create DC dialog. Ideally I think it should use the vendor of the SC that you're creating a DC for.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal

And thats how it behaves , it picks the name of the vendor that you defined for the Software component in the SLD (under Software Catalog)

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... it doesn't over here, everything running SP11... Any idea what might be causing this then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get an answer to your question or could you solve your problem on your own? I'm experiencing the same problem except that it uses not 'sap.com' but 'example.org' and I cannot change it. I'm working with SP12.

Thanks for any Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, no news...

0 Kudos

SP13 should set as default the vendor of software component. But you have to attend to setting of

DC pefixes (they should include vendor name) on your

nameserver (in most cases SLD).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this information!

I didn't configure the namespaces... This works now fine!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly did you do?

I didn't have the server that was registered as System Landscape Directory configured as Name Server in the SLD. I turned on that flag and saved it.

Then I created a namespace prefix for Development Components with name 'mycompany.com/*' as desribed in the manual on help.sap.com. I'm still getting "sap.com" as Vendor when I create a new DC. Did I miss something (I find the documentation on the namespace subject very abstract...).

I have the server hostname defined as Object Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I specified the namespace prefix (Not a namespace!) explicitly (without wildcard) as described in tutorial scenario: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/da/f812d366aa44ad83a30418b34dae1c/frameset.htm > Administration of SAP NetWeaver Java Development Infrastructure > Getting started > Scneario 3 > Creating Software Components in the SLD.

After you have created the namespace prefix you need to do "Update CMS" in the CMS Transport configurator in order to make your namspace settings known to the CMS.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed your suggestions (the correct link by the way is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a4/481955dc9e42c19d5a1bc3b8aead81/content.htm).

I now have two namespace prefixes:

1. "mycompany.com" for Software Component Name

2. "mycompany.com" for Development Component Name

After performing an Update CMS in the CMS Landscape Directory, I restarted NWDS and logged in to NWDI. When creating a DC it still said "sap.com"...

So, I figured I maybe had to Save the track again. Saved it, restarted NWDS, reimported the Development Configuration, but still the same result when creating a new DC.

Questions I have now:

Does it maybe only work for SC's that are created in the SLD after the namespace prefixes have been defined?

Might a remove and re-add of my SC's to the track fix this?

Are you also using the SLD hostname as the Object Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks as we we didn't yet register our sandbox name server in the SAP Service Marketplace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I am facing the same problem. the default vendor name would stick to sap.com even if the SC points to a different one. I also did a name reservation in the SLD - but it didn't help.

Could you give directions on how you got it working ?

Thank you

Olivier Refalo

Answers (0)