Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dealer n distributor

ipsit_mohapatra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

When the same partner works as a dealer and a distributor and they

Have the same master data, how does the sales document identifies if it is working as a dealer or a distributor in that order. How and where does u differentiate it?

regards

ipsit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ipsit,

The role a partner performs in an order is defined by partner function. So the dealer will be Sold to party(SP) and a distributor will be lets say Distributor itself

(SD)

Now when you create an order give X as SP and Y as SD, these details are updated in the database table VBPA for the document.

So you can go to the table in SE16 give the partner number, i mean the dealer number and then check for the role he played in that document, i mean the partner function, the field is VBPA-PARVW. If the value of the field is SP, then he is a dealer, if it is SD, then he is a distributor.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Rwd points pls (full?)

ipsit_mohapatra
Participant
0 Kudos

dear

thanks for reply

but can u clarify me little bit briefly !

u want 2 say define a partner fn 'SD' for Distributor and

after defining partner fn(SP n SD), where I'll give X as SP and Y as SD in the order !

and not clear abt the SE16 also!!

so plz help me!!

regards

ipsit

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ipsit,

In the customer masterdata for X(Sold to party) you have to maintain Y as SD(Distributor).

Also you need to include these 2 partner functions in the partner determination for the sales document header.

Then , when you are creating a sales order, the partners will be populated in the document automatically.

SE16 is the transaction code where you can see the entries in database tables for the transaction done. If you dont know much about SE16, it is very easy to learn. Just take the help of your development guy for 10min, and you can master SE16.

Answers (0)