cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips: SAP Web AS (Java) can not started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just want to share my experience where I can not start my WAS instance after the initial installation.

Below is the error that I got from the trace of the instance:

<b>[Thr 7832] Mon Jul 02 14:02:36 2007

[Thr 7832] *** ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode = 66) [jstartxx.c 1642]

[Thr 7832] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc = 66)

[Thr 7832] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = 66)

[Thr 7832] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode = 66)</b>

And, below is the error message from \usr\sap\<SYS_ID>\JC<Sys_No>\work\jvm_bootstrap.out file:

<b>----

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID2063688].

-

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:419)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:255)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:387)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:420)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:608)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:302)

... 14 more

[Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.</b>

This problem happened because the database was not up, thus can not connect to database. In this particular case, because oracle listener service was not up. After I started the Oracle<SYS_ID>102TNSListener, then it was ok.

I just realized this after having to re-install two times of SAP Web AS because didn't know what was the problem.

I searched the similar problem, and found the below three links.

So, whatever database you are using, make sure that you can make proper connection to the database before starting the Web AS. After the initial installation it is working fine because at that time the database is running. But after you restart your pc, then if the service not set as start automatically, then by default you must start it manually.

I hope this can help others.

rgs,

hiroshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your contribution, Hiroshi.

Regards,

Désiré