Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Outlook window for New Mail Message

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to open a new outlook window for sending mail in my webdynpro component. I am not sure how to achieve the same.

I tried with a link UI element in my view layout, the link reference being <mailto:>. But it doesnt work. The same hyperlink in MS word opens a new outlook window for sending mail.

Also is it possible to acheive the same using webdynpro code at runtime, with out using any UI elements? Is there any class or method in webdynpro for executing hyperlinks? Please let me know

Thanks in advance,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

I am facing a problem, with opening a URL from my WebDynPro Component,

I have added on LinkToURL UI element in my component and set the "reference" property of it to a target URL(say..http://www.google.com)

also set the target property,

but When I am executing my application,

Not getting any link on my view.

Please Help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Sonia

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

You have posted reply to a wrong post. This is the post created by me and Anzy replied to the post. Please contact Anzy directlty if you have his ID or try creating a new post.

I can help you regarding the problem.

You are saying that the LinkToURL element is not at all visible in your application. Please check the visible property of the URL element. IS it bound to any node attribute? is it set to true?

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

I dont know how that is happening, ideally it should show the link and when u click on the link it should open the URL.

You can open a new thread and we will discuss the issue there .

Thanks

Anzy

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to use LinkToURL UI element

Thank

Anzy

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

I have used that only, with the reference <mailto:>

It doesnt work. It simply opens a new window with the same view.

Thanks,

Anand

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The LinktoURL element is working. I had to make the reference as "mailto:" instead of "<mailto:>". Just removed the angle brackets.

But is there anyway to do it without using any UI element. That is at runtime, is there a way to execute a hyperlink?

Thanks,

Anand

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

you could embedd business applications inside the view, but thats bit heavy.I think LinktoURL approach is simpler.

Thanks

Anzy

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

Embedding the business application, is it something like getting the outlook object at runtime?

Yes it would be heavy. But any other alternative like a method or class where I can execute a hyperlink?

There is a class CL_WD_LINK_TO_URL. I am not sure and still trying to find out if it can be helpful. Any pointers in this regard will be great.

Thanks,

Anand

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

This is same class which gets executed when you use the LinkToURL UI element.So there is no point in exploring more on that.

Thanks

Anzy

Award points for useful answers