cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems in triggering ABAP webdynpro application using SWFVISU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We have created a webdynpro application which we are linking to our workflow task using transaction SWFVISU .

The method for the task is WEBSERVICE-DISPLAY.

SWFVISU has been configured with parameters :

application name : ZXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and namespace : sap.

When i create a workitem in the UWL , and click on it, i get a dump with the following description : 'Exception condition "URL_CREATION_FAILURE" raised.'

Now the strange thing is that if i use a standard SAP Webdynpro application , this works properly.

Could anybody advise us on whether we are missing something ?

Thanks,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

I have implemented the similar scenario successfully in following manner:

trigger the workflow from dynpro application using function module SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT.

In your web dynpro application which is linked to workflow task, On the context tab of component controller, create a context node having 1 attribute (workitem id) of type SWW_WIID

map this global context node to your view context.

Now go to the method HANDLEDEFAULT of "window" in your application.

In the parameter section define a parameter of type SWW_WIID for workitem id

In the method "HANDLEDEFAULT", set the attribute (using set attribute method) defined in context node of component controller. it's value will be the parameter defined earlier in window for workitem id.

Inside your main view, select the appropritae method which is associted with event used to process that work item.

In that method, get the attribute "workitem id", defined in view context.

read the workflow container using function module SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER and pass the work item id and pass the container data into TABLES section

write back to the container after changes as per your process using function module 'SAP_WAPI_WRITE_CONTAINER'

Complete the workitem using function module SAP_WAPI_WORKITEM_COMPLETE just pass the workitem id to this.

it is working fine in the similar way for me.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

Answers (0)