cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no automatic lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have maintained insp. type 10 in mtrl master and it is active too.but still system is not generating insp lot after outbound delivery.

what may the reason?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no sir,

i could not yet solve the problem.

pls help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Looks like my answers were of no help to you...Were you able to aolve your problem ?

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

For returns 6 is the lot origin and insp type and the same to be assigned to LR.

For normal delievry LF - origin is 10. Just check if the insp type 10 is associated with insp lot origin 10 in customisation - check under: Insp Lot origin and assign insp types.

There are no other settings. It should work.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx for ur valuable answer sir.

For returns delievry, i have to assign lot origin 6 or 10 to LR deliery type?

at present i have not assigned any origin to del ty LR, still generating the lot for return delivery.

And for del ty LF,though i have assigned origin 10, no lot is generated.

pls help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

If you have assigned insp type 10 in material master but have not assigned lot origin 10 to the delievry type LF then when you create delievry there wont be any lot generated. System will allow you to post Goods Issue.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

i guess u r talking about task list usage 6, right?

if it so it is assigned there (checked as per your path.)

1.one thing i want to know is, if lot origin 10 is not assigned to del ty LF (hence no generation of insp lot) and if i am assigning insp type 10 in mtrl master, system should allow me for PGI or not?

(u are right that the insp lot is created at delievry creation before PGI but generally if we are not assigning insp type 10 in mtrl master,we can have PGI directly without any insp. and if we assign insp type 10 in mtrl master, and try to do the PGI, system will not allow us unless we clear the lot.)

2.For returns delievry, i have to assign lot origin 6 or 10 to LR deliery type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Mr.Ram,

i have checked, the Isnp type 10 is assigned to the lot Origin 10.

and what is task list type 6 and where we can assign task list type to insp type.

also tell me if lot origin 10 is not assigned to del ty LF, as u said system will not generate the lot.But in that case, if i am assigning insp type 10 in mtrl master, system should allow me for PGI or not?

and as u said, i guess, i should assign the lot origin 06 to del type LR in order to generate the ;ot while return delivery.

is it so?

thanx in advance for ur quck reply.

Sandip,

1) For task list assignment-You can check in customization:

SPRO>QM>QI>Inspection Lot creation>Maintain Insp Types>

2) If you have not assigned Origin to LF doc then system will nto create Insp lot at Delievry creation.

3) For returns delievry, yes you have to assign it to LR deliery type.

4) You have to assign 10 in LF not 6.

BTW the insp lot is created at delievry creation before PGI, i believe.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Ram,

i have checked, the Isnp type 10 is assigned to the lot Origin 10.

and what is task list type 6 and where we can assign task list type to insp type.

also tell me if lot origin 10 is not assigned to del ty LF, as u said system will not generate the lot.But in that case, if i am assigning insp type 10 in mtrl master, system should allow me for PGI or not?

and as u said, i guess, i should assign the lot origin 06 to del type LR in order to generate the ;ot while return delivery.

is it so?

thanx in advance for ur quck reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Also check if the Isnp type is assigned to the Origin.

Check onece agian if Task list type 6 is assigned in isnp type 10 configuration

May be the delievry type may be different.

There are no other reasons I could see.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

origin 10 is aaigned to Delievry Type LF already.

what may be other reason?

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Some help information for you,

<b>Inspection at Shipping</b>

You define the delivery types in the Sales and Distribution (SD) component, for which inspections are to be triggered in the QM component. To do this:

You assign one of the following inspection lot origins to the delivery type predefined in the SD component:

10 for delivery to customer with sales order

11 for delivery to customer without sales order

12 for other deliveries (without customer reference)

Assign an inspection type to the combination inspection lot origin/ delivery category (called usage indicator in the SD component).

<b>Requirements</b>

The delivery types and usage indicators are maintained in the SD component.

The inspection lot origins and inspection types are maintained in the QM component.

<b>

Standard settings</b>

In most cases, the creation of inspection lots is not required for a delivery. There are, therefore, no inspection lot origins entered in the standard system for the delivery types.

<b>Recommendation</b>

Only enter inspection lot origins, if you specifically want to create inspection lots for a delivery. Otherwise, the system has to search for the inspection type that is assigned to the delivery type and origin each time and to check whether the inspection type is also active in the inspection setup for the material.

<b>Activities</b>

1. Determine which delivery types are defined in the SD module. Determine whether quality inspections are to be triggered for these delivery types.

2. If inspections are to be triggered:

a) Assign suitable inspection lot origins to these delivery types

Note: You can only enter the inspection lot origins 10,11 or 12. This also applies to inspections for return deliveries; the inspection lot origin 06 cannot be used for these.

b) Assign suitable delivery types and inspection types to these inspection lot origins

<b>Further notes</b>

If no special inspection type is defined for a delivery type/delivery category combination, the system uses the following algorithm to search for an alternative inspection type:

The system searches the inspection setup of the material for a preferred inspection type, or searches in the table "Assignment Inspection Lot Origin - Inspection Type" for an inspection type that is assigned to the inspection lot origin as variant 01. The system then creates an inspection lot or partial lot with this replacement inspection type, provided that this inspection type is active in the inspection setup for the material.

If the delivery contains a customer number, the quality inspection can be influenced by the customer-specific information record.

Hope this helps....the forum,

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Also check if you have assigned origin to Delievry type in Inspection at Shipping in custmization unde inspection lot creation. Assign origin 10 to Delievry Type LF.

Ram

Message was edited by:

Ramanujan Chitrakootam

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think its not necessary to create insp plan if i am not setting the indicator "insp with tasklist" in mtrl master.

also if i am setting that indicator, and no insp plan is created,then also system should generate the lot with CRTD status.

what may the prob?why ststem is not generating the insp lot at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in creating inspn plan qp01 whether you have used usage 6

Regards,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Have you maintaned the inspection plan with task list usage 6 - for Goods Issue. If you have maintained then insp lot will be created when you do the PGI (601 mvt).

Ram