Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the user terminal on a particular date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I need to know the particular user id and which terminal he has triggered tcode MIGO.I have tried with SM21 and the FM TH_USER_INFO,TH_GET_PLUGIN_INFO,TERMINAL_ID_GET,THUSRINFO all this are not giving the details. I need to know the guys terminal id where he triggered the change in good movement before five days.

please guide

regs

bala

8 REPLIES 8

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try ABAP transaction STAT. Maybe the statistical records are still available - then you can retrieve the information you are searching for.

Regards, Wolfgang

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do it via T Code ST03n.Now you can see user history .Workload>Total->day And user profile-->define user -

>click user

Reward point if helpful

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

If you have the security audit log turned on you can look in transaction SM20.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Thanks for ur prompt replies. STAT gives only the two days before details. and moreover ST03N gives only the tcodes the user triggered but i need from which IP address or terminal id the user had triggered the tcode. and moreover if we swirch on the SM20 audit log while the there is space constraint. so only i asked any other way is to find the answer my query

regards

bala

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find these details in the ST03N report.

Do the following

Select the expert mode.

Then in Detailed Analysis--> Select Business Transaction Analysis.

Then mention the date for which you want the report.

And make sure you are giving appropriate read time(default is only 10 min) so that the action u are looking at falls in that time span.

Run the report

In the out put Press Button "Sel. Fields" and select the Terminal ID.

Other way is to double click the entry you want the terminal Id for and in the subsequent page select the Task/Memory Details and you will have the Terminal ID listed there too.

So you can use any of the two methods

Hope it helps

Manohar

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Transaction ST03N -> Detailed Analysis -> Select Business Transaction Analysis = Transaction STAD

As of SAP_BASIS 6.20 transaction STAD replaces transaction STAT. But the constraint "you have to be fast" remains valid - the statistical records will be "condensed" after some while (depending on the system configuration).

Message was edited by:

Wolfgang Janzen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry It does not gave any details.Any one could help me

Bala

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I know - but it's like that:

- either you have had activated the Security Audit Log at that time, then you can evaluate the Security Audit Logs at any later point of time.

- or you have to be fast in order to evaluate the statistical records (which will be "condensed" after a short period of time)

I'm sorry, but the system does not track all activities and store the information for a longer period of time - just for the case that someone wants to evaluate the traced data at any later time. Only if you have instructed the system to do so (-> activating the Security Audit Log) it will record the events you have decided to be of interest.

Actually it's the same in "real life": if you have installed a surveillance camera at certain spots of interest you'll be able to evaluate the recorded data. Otherwise you have to be fast in order to be able to perform a forensic analysis (evaluating the "natural tracks" - before the rain will wash them away).

Cheers, Wolfgang