cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share context between windows ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to create a View report icon in my application mainApp, that, when being clicked, open a new window (reportWindow) with ready-to-print report.

To do so, I:

- created a new application (reportApp), with a new window (reportWindow) and a new view (reportView).

The reportView's context is refering to the context of a custom controller

- created an action to be triggered by clicking on the View report icon. In this action, an external window refering to the reportApp application is being opened, after context of the custom controller is being populated

But now, I'd like my report to contain data 😄

Indeed, my report is empty... It looks like context of controller can't be shared between applications, despite windows reportWindow and mainWindow are in same component

Is it true ?

In that case, how can I make my report getting data from first application ? Should I use component controller instead of custom controller ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am not wrong , Externalwindow always takes and URL as parameter and hence it will call a another application.

In the case popup, it will take window name as parameter which is in the same component.This will should your problem.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

did you solve this problame how to share context between external window..

please share kowldge

my sistiuation also same think, i need to display report on external window, so existing context can't sharing on new window

please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the windows are in the same component then whats the problem with ComponentController ??

Even you can custom controller also.Please check the mappings once again !!!

Regards, Anilkumar

Message was edited by: Anilkumar Vippagunta

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the moment data is not known from ComponentController, but from a custom controller (listController).

Could the solution be making the componentController knowing about data then making the new window knowing about the componentController instead of the listController ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is something going wrong: I have another window, that I use as a popup (and not external window).

This popup window is able to share context with custom controller...

Why won't external window do the same ?? Because changing application ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way... I tried to get some infos from ComponentController and was not any more able to...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/tutorial on inter-application navigation.htm

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anilkumar,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, both windows are in the same component in my case.

So I think I don't need to do so much in order to have them sharing context.

Or should I create a new component ?

This seems so heavy stuff to do only a small thing: displaying data in pretty way (data is already known from a custom controller at the moment user chooses to display report) !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to tell: my application is a standalone web dynpro application, not in portal