cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating External Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

My environment is NW 04s SP 12.

I have some Java Utility Classes which were developed in a Java DC Project. These classes have imports and dependencies with the BI_SDK which is of course another library.

First of all, if I create an external library and place in its library folder only jars with the generated Utility classes I won't have the BI_SDK classes available. If I place all the dependent jars for BI_SDK also in the lib path this kind of defeats the purpose of using DCs. What I am trying to do is convert a Java DC Project into an external library project. The Java DC Project has itself references to BI_SDK components. How do I convert this into a jar that should go on the external lib library folder. Also I have seen in the blogs the external lib is not really deployable, but should be a J2EE library. What is the best approach for SP 12?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please go through these bolgs.You will find step by step procedure of using external library.

Blog 1: /people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Blog2 : /people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas