cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identify cursor position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Is it possible to identify on which input field the cursor currently is? I have a requirement where an update button is to perform different tasks based on which input field the cursor is positioned.

I am not able to identify any way to perform this action. Is there any other work around for this?

Thanks for you help.

Subramania

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subramania,

can you please tell us more about what you intend to do with this "cursor" information? Do you refer to the same concept that is availabe in ABAP Dynpro?

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the data in ur Fields is changed and u have the context mapping bound, u need not worry of updating the values as they are bound the changed value will be reflected. But if u want to know u have OnEnter events like event handler so u can use them to know if the corresponding fields are changed and u can then perform ur update <b>by getting the id of the field that is changed</b>. But u cant get the cursor position.

Regards,

Sirisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the data in ur Fields is changed and u have the context mapping bound, u need not worry of updating the values as they are bound the changed value will be reflected. But if u want to know u have OnEnter events like event handler so u can use them to know if the corresponding fields are changed and u can then perform ur update <b>by getting the id of the field that is changed</b>. But u cant get the cursor position.

Regards,

Sirisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Subramania,

I dont think you can identify the curser position .What is your exact requirement.

You can change the curser position to the UI element of your choice using the method

IWDViewElement.requestFocus();

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Possible