cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying text from Order-Delivery-billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have certain texts in the sales order,that i need to be copied from the sales oredr to the delivery document and from the delivery document to the Billing documnet.

Can someone plese tell me how it is done.Also,if the sequence of texts in OR is 1234 and in the delivery doc it is 132467 then is it possible to copy texts, this is not a very hard and fast requirement though.

Also i have maintained access sequence 0001 Header texts in the del doc text procedure.But still while careting LF, text is not getting copied.

Its kinda urgent.

Can someone plese send me documentation on the same.

My mail id is: priyanka_mat@rediffmail.com

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Make sure that the text type u are using is assigned to the respective text procedures of various transactions and access sequences.Then once you put the text in sales document, it will automatically be updated in further transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka - Please verify the set up as below:

1. VOTXN-Sales Document Header - Text Types : You must have defined all text types here that you want to copy down to the following documents.

2. VOTXN-Sales Document Header-Chagne : Create Access Sequence and add text types to the access sequence. *It is this access sequence that should be referred in the following documents so that the text type data is copied from sales document header.

3. VOTXN-Sales Document Header-Change : Assign text types to the associated procedure of the sales document and provide the access sequence that was defined for the text type in step2.

4. VOTXN-Delivery Header -Text Types : Again, define the same text types here which you want to copy from sales doc.

5. VOTXN-Delivery Header-Change : Assign text types to the procedure that is associated with the delivery document type. "Doesn't matter, if the sequence of the text types in sales doc and delivery doc mis-match". "Here, you will provide the same access sequence # against the text type that you've defined in the sales document access sequence.

Repeat the steps for Invoice document as well and assign the text types to the procedure and provide the same access sequence defined at Sales document level.

This way, when the delivery will be created, text types that you've defined at the delivery document level would be selected but the data would be fetched based on the access sequence, which in this case would be from sales document. So the data would turn around into your delivery and invoice docs.

This is how we've done it and is working for years.

Let me know !!!

Thanks

Nikhil