cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Views in Tabstrip

0 Kudos

Hi,

i have an Application where i have employed a Tab Strip in a view and i have embedded other separate views in the tab contents. In one of the tabs I insert values into a table which goes to a table in the R/3 backend but the changes are not being reflected in another "show all" tab as it is supposed to.I have set the property of the view to "when visible" so it should show the updated values without having to refresh; but here it does only on refreshing the page.

I can show the updated entries by executing the RFC again in the onSelect action but is there any other way to achive this.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

In Tab Strip, if you have embeded separate views when the Tab Strip loads (Parent component where the Tab Strip UI element is placed and the views are embeded using ViewContainerUIElement) all the embeded views will get loaded. The embeded views, deign time and wdDoModifyView() gets executed once.

If you create an action and attach it to the "TabStrip.onSelect()" then all the embeded view's wdDoModifyView() gets executed.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. i have called the RFC Execute method in the ModifyView method and it serves the purpose.points have been given

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

... but definitely is not the place where the RFC call belongs.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

As Armin mentioned doModifyView is not the place to execute the RFC. The reason is it will be called everytime.

My suggestion is define a method in the interface controller and execute the RFC from that method. "TabStrip.onSelect()" based on the "tab.id" invoke the method return in the interface controller.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

0 Kudos

Hi Armin and Santosh,

I have changed the code according to your suggestions.thank you once again.

Regards,

shyam.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

link the selected tab option to an attribute.Write in doModifyView that when the value of attribute is equal to the id of the tab which you want to refresh call the RFC again.Do revert back if you have any more doubts

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, don't do it this way. Use an action event handler for TabStrip.onSelect.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On click of the tab you can make RFC call again to populate the context.

Regards, Anilkumar