cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using ASP.NET Webcontrols in an IVIEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

I want to use, ASP.NET UserControls (ascx) in my IVIEW, whereas I will develop the IVIEWS that way, I would get a certification from SAP.

1.) Are there any general Conditions I have to follow ?

(e.g. Branding Requirements)

2.) if Number One has been anwsered with yes:

How Do I tell the ASP.NET WebControls to behave like SAP Netweaver Controls? Is it possible ? If yes, Is this easy to handle?

3.) General Question:

Would you recommend me the development with just using ASP.NET Webcontrols? What would be the advantage/disadvantage ?

Regardings

Erhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Actually when you developing a Portal component you are actually developing a UserControl (ascx file).

So, maybe what you are really wish to know is: Can I run a ascx files (User Controls) within an iView or PortalComponent?

So the answer is <b>YES</b>, the only different between consuming ascx files (UserControls) in ASP .NET Pages to consuming them in PortalComponent is that we don’t support the dragging of the ascx file to the consumer – Portal Component designer. But you can overcome this limitation if you add the necessary code to the html source.

for example if you have two ascx files in one PortalApplication (PortalComponent1.ascx and PortalComponent2.ascx) and you want to consume as UserControl you need to add the following code to PortalComponent1.ascx:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName=" PortalComponent2" Src=" PortalComponent2.ascx" %>

And

<uc1: PortalComponent2id="MyUserControl1" runat="server"></uc1: PortalComponent2>

under the

<body>

tag.

2.What do you mean – “…tell the ASP.NET WebControls to behave like SAP Netweaver Controls..” ?

If you did mean that you want to have the same look and feel and behavior like the SAP controls – So the answer that you can’t.

3.Read this - <u>https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/ep/sap netweaver .net controls vs. asp.net controls.pdf</u>

Regards,

Yehuda

Answers (0)