cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! SOAP supports SSL and which is used to ensure the security of our message. Here in SSL we do encryption of data. But again in SOAP adapter we have options like encrypt, decrypt etc like parameters. So in which scenario these ASMA will be used ?? and in which case SSL will be used ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>. Here in SSL we do encryption of data

this is achived using SSL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security

>>>>have options like encrypt, decrypt etc like parameters

but with the above you can uuse scenario like that:

you send your public certificate to the other company

and they will use it to encrypt the data with it

this way only you will be able to decrypt it (with your private certificate)

the other company may also sing (with it's certificate) the message

so when you receive it you will know for sure it's from them

as no one else could sing it like that

it is a bit clearer now ?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

Thanks for your reply ! But I am sorry! I am totally lost ! I will put my query again!

Once we activate the HTTPS service and implement the JCE is it wont be sufficient to encrypt the data ?? why only SOAP adaper has encrypt and decrypt paramters ?? We can implement SSL in almost all the adapters......but why SOAP only has these parameters in it and others won't have in them ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Palnati,

SOAP adapter is used when call wewbservices most of these webserivces will outside our company or env. so to make sure data is modified any where we have by dfault these .

in other adapters also we can use but we dont have built option. for example FIle.

regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sreeram! You told in other adapters we dont have built in option. So only SOAP adapter have these options ?? If I am not wrong these options are basically used to implement securities (i.e by selecting the checkboxes like encrypt and decrypt). So In case of soap adapter even though HTTPS service activated and JCE implemented unless the checkboxes in adapter are not checked means securities are not implemented. Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

kumar

Answers (0)