Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If for the same material i want three scenarios:

1. delivery by third party directly to customer.

2. delivery from stock if I have any.

3. receipt of goods from Third party vendor to our storage location and delivery from there to customer.

can anyone please explain how to configure these? do i need to create different materials with different item category groups to full fill these requirements.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you cannot use the same material everytime, since you have change the general item category group for the material .

1. general itemcategory group will be BANC

2. general item category group will be NORM

3. general item category group will be BANS(in this process we do not receive the goods from the customer , we will receive the goods from the vendor and supply them to the customer)

depending upon this the system understands what type of process it is

Please reward points if the answer is helpful

REgards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. delivery by third party directly to customer.

configure the required item cat. determination in VOV4.

OR + BANS -

> TAS ( Third party item )

2. delivery from stock if I have any.

since you want to deliver if its avaiable, do it like this..

OR + Norm -

> Tan ( Default item cat), also give TAS ( manual item cat ).

so that you can cover scenario 1 & 2. Give stock if available else change item cat to TAS.

3. receipt of goods from customer to our storage location and delivery from there to customer.

Its unlikely that you ask the customer to give back the stock. Anyways if there is a return, if you have QM implemented take the stock into Quality, inspect and transfer the stock to unrestricted and just use it as a normal stock. But we wouldnt want to show that taken the stocks from some customer and given to some one else.

Pl reward if helpful.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu Kishore,

How can i have item category group BANS & NORM for same material? So, that means do I need to create a separate material?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you cannot have both for the same material , you have to create a different material or you can use the same material but when you use it you have change the item category group

pls reward points if the answer is helpful

REgards,

Murali