cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropDown in table, bad performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We have a webdynpro, with a dropdownbyindex combo, on one column of a table.

The combo is filled with accounts numbers and works fine when the accounts are few.

But when the items are more (1800 or more), is too slow. It takes like 5 seconds to open the accounts, and the scroll is very slow too.

We tried different ways to fill the combo (supply funcions, by code), we also tried the same methods with a dropdownbykey combo, but the result is always the same, "very slow".

Anybody knows any solution for this? or have any suggestions ? or is it just the way the Render works and i can do nothing.

Thanks very much.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have 1800 items and select in a drop down every time, the performance will definitely go down. A better thing will be to use a search help so that you can atleast restrict the values being shown. Use a OVS search help, I think it would be better when the items are too huge.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

I have a design restrinction and i need it to be a dropdown, no other way.

Thats why i need to tune this ui element in particular.

Thanks for your quick reply, and i'll take your suggestion in consideration, in such case we can eventually use another method rather than combo.

Hope somebody can help me with this issue.

Regards,

Cristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having a scrollbar inside a drop down itself it not very user friendly. And if it is so many items, imagine selecting a value towards the end of the list. It would be a pain for the user. Use a search help. That would be more performant and usable.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian.

I have to agree with Nytha and Anzy.

Where is the usability when the user have to scroll 1800 entries in a dropdown box? I would get very angry if I had to work with such a solution.

Cheers,

Sascha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Thanks for your answers, we will have to find another way then.

Regards.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

The webdynpro UI rendering will be a problem if the drop down values are like 1800 etc.Use search help instead.Moreover 1800 records in a drop down will not be a user friendly thing.

Thanks

Anzy