cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface into Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are moving a New Interface into the Production.

What are all the factors that we have to ponder in mind when we move this into production? How to make a smooth induction of this interface into production, by not affecting the existing Interfaces that are running in production and also how to make this new interface to perform Properly? Any proper guidelines?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

You dont need to do anything extra for moving into production. Its just like moving the interface into QA. Simliarly you move from QA to production.

Since you are only moving one interface in IR just you import the whole namespace (assuming you have created one namespace for each interface). In ID move the whole scenario.

Test it in QA properly and then move to production. Once when you move just configure your communication channels according to production envirionment. Thats it. Your interface will be rolling.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

It depends on some of the parameters:

1) no. of SLDs used( if the new interface uses different Business systems then you need to take care about SLD entries)

2) Type of Integration Scenario. Does it belong to Proxy, IDOC scenario. ie if the new interface type does not exists in the PRD means, for eg your new interface is file--.>XI->proxy , and there is no settings exists for proxy.then you need to do

Totally you need set up the pre-requisites for the new interface (covers, partner profiles , port settings if required)

3) if the new interface is designed in the new SWCV, then you can mover entire SWCV . Else, need to be careful while transporting. Sometime if there is different versions of object exists, then you will get version conflict error.

4) Then start with SLD objects first if any

5) then go to IR objects and followed by directory objects if any

Hope this helps,

rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna and Sathish.

How to ensure that the new interface that I am moving in to production will not affect the existing interfaces ? If my new interface is going to consume more resources and if its going to be the bottleneck for the other interfaces then my performance will be lost, how to calculate these kinds of risks? or what are all the other kinds of risk that a System will face because of a new interface? How to monitor the new interface in the Production?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>If my new interface is going to consume more resources and if its going to be the bottleneck

All this needs to be done in at the QA stage.If you are worried about the performance of ur scenarios,try to run all of them in the QA box and keep a close watch on performance monitoring monitoring in RWB,once fully satisfied,then only move to prd.In Prd dont make any changes.

>>How to monitor the new interface in the Production?

its the same,you can use sxmb_moni as well as RWB.

Thanx

Ahmad