cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to be able to input data in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

can I have the rows of a table editable (ready for input data) if the table is bound to a context node with no elements?

I created a table that is bound to a context node with cardnality of 0..n, the table has the cells of type "InputField"; it is not read-only, the selection mode is "Multi". The result of this is that I am not able to input data in the table (Teh ros are greyed-out) I think that this is because the table is bound to a context node does not contain any elements.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

Since the contents of the table are initial, it will be greyed out only. One thing you can do is add a toolbar to your table and define an 'Add values' button on it. On click of the button, append an empty row to your internal table and bind it to the context. So you will have a single editable row now.

If you want the table to be input ready for a set of values, say 5 rows initially, then in the init method itself, you could bind 5 empty rows to the table. If no values are bound, it is as good as saying there is nothing available to edit. So you will not get editable rows at all. Whenever you want to add a new row, append an empty work area and bind to the context.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Nithya

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enable show empty rows in the table properties and remove the read only property from the node.You will be able to enter values i guess.

Thanks

Anzy

Answers (0)