cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of Billing doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys i have a problem regarding duplication of invoice.

Lets understand by following Example:

Invoive F2 Generated

Accounting Document (Not Cleared)

Then

Cancellation Invoice Genrated ......( But With Future Date)

Accounting Doc ( Not Cleared)

New F2

Invoice Generated with date before the invoice date of cancellation doc(as that was scheduled in future)

Accounting doc (not Cleared)

My issue is the system is allowing New F2 to be created consequently two invoices for the time for same delivery.

System should not allow any New F2 doc till the coresponding accouting doc of cancellation is cleared.

Can we check this..Any suggessions????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

are u specifying the future date or system is automatically determining the date ?

regards

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

The we are specifying the future date while creating the billing doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for repying late we are specifying the future date as a business need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nikhil,

IN COPY CONTROL FROM DELIVERY(LF) TO INVOICE(F2) and from F2 TO CANCELLATION DOC TYPE .

PL CHECK THE " UPDATE DOCUMENT FLOW " CHECK BOX . That will keep track of all process and not allow to create same same document again if it is already exist.

Else it will allow to do so.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubha,

Thank you for effort,

But are you trying to say that we have update document flow check box at copy control from DELIVERY(LF) TO INVOICE(F2) and from F2 TO CANCELLATION DOC TYPE . I think we need to check on that courtesy SAP R/3 Version 4.6c.

We can write a routine to do that but i am looking for some standard settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

As per standard SAP SD process Once the invoice is created and posted to accounts

While cancellation of this document if not cleared in future date will post the accounting document in the date mentioned.

Once the invoice is cancelled it should not stop creating the new invoice as per SAP SD flow

This is not reccommeded by SAP as invoice cancellation is the triggring point of new invoice and not the accounting document.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because system checks that as the invoice is cancelled already (even though with future date, it treats it as cancelled) & that the reason it allows to invoice it again, irrespective of date.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

• How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I got your point that system will take it as cancelled but the problem is lets say for month end closing it will be showing revenue hitting twice for SD and thereby duplicating the sales booking.

I am looking for a setting where i can restrict the system to take the current date for all cancellation document consequently restricting them to be posted in future as no business will require future date posting for cancellation.

Is there any setting in standard SAP which i can use.?