Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party scenarios -- problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

In third party scenario. The vendor supplies the material and if

1)by unfortunately goods get damaged before reaching to the client

2)client identified some of the materials are poor in quality.

In these scenarios what is the business process and how is this mapped in SAP

I am having these scenarios please give your inputs...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Suddu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suddu,

Quantity adjustment takes place via the shipping notification and the variance in purchasing can be updated in Controlling using retroactive billing

<b>Order</b>

When the order is created, the specification of material numbers, quantity and conditions takes place at item level. As the material is not available on stock, a purchase requisition is created directly within the sales order.

<b>Purchase Order Processing</b>

The purchase requisition can already be automatically assigned during creation. If not, it is possible to assign the purchase requisition manually. The purchase order is created with reference to the purchase requisition. Quantity and material are transferred from the sales order. The purchase order price can also now be determined via the condition records.

<b>Shipping Notification</b>

When the vendor has sent the material to the customer, they will normally send you a shipping notification, which, amongst other things, contains the exact quantity of material sent. You have the possibility to enter this shipping notification into the system in the form of a dummy goods receipt. It will be posted directly in consumption so that no stocks are created. The quantity of goods received then updates the quantity to be invoiced in the sales order. Therefore, it is possible to create the customer invoice before you receive the incoming invoice from the vendor.

<b>Billing Documents</b>

The billing documents are created on the basis of the order. <i><u>Since the vendor might not deliver the exact quantity ordered, quantity adjustment takes place via the shipping notification.</u></i>

<b>Vendor Invoice Verification</b>

The vendor invoice verification can take place after billing. <i><u>The variance in purchasing can be updated in Controlling using retroactive billing.</u></i>

<b>Controlling</b>

The revenue and costs will be posted to CO-PA using the billing document.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen

If in Third party scenario, as I requested...for the damaged good (either at customer site upon receipt of material or during transit)...how should we proceed with this in business and mapping with SAP,,,

Request you to elaborate...

Regards

Suddu