cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog 5539

Former Member
0 Kudos

[original link is broken]

I have gone thru the above blog, but unable to understand about the Scope . I know File is an Async and RFC is Synchronous, so if we want to link file with RFC, we need a BPM. Still I am kind of lost!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

File is Asycnhorouse it does not accept sycnhoronsue to make to work as sycnhorouse we use BPM with Asych-synch bridge with BPM or Module processor which is availabel from SP19.

hope you got an idea of why BPM.

Regards

Sreeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>link file with RFC, we need a BPM

Not always,RFC can be used both as sync and async,infact IDOC itself is implemented in the form or a tRFC(transactional RFC,which is async).

so if you want to just post some data from Legacy to R/3 system,you can configure either a File to IDOC or File to RFC.

as long as the attributes of IDOC or RFC serves your purpose you can use either of dem for async posting of data to R/3.Hence no BPM in async.also you can use proxies for async scenarios

When it comes to posting some data to R/3 and getting back the response(i.e sync scenario)then we need to use either RFC or ABAP proxies,no IDOC's can be used here.

for sync File to RFC,you have 2 options,first one is use BPM and the second one is using some modules(but this works after SP19 i guess).

Thanx

Ahmad