cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop as Busniess Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to test a XI scenario that goes like this File->XI->R/3, I want to use my laptop as the file sender system, I want that XI takes the file from a directory in my laptop, can this be done?, can anyone help with the steps for configuring this, I'm trying to configure it as a Business Service, can you tell me under wich conditions this may work, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

first of all you will need to create a Business system of Third party in SLD for this,secondly until and unless ur laptop is connected to the SAP XI server and proper configurations have been done,you will not be able to send the files from ur local machine(in real world we never do that either)

best option is to keep ur file on the XI server itself and then configure a sender file adapter to pool the data

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Yes you can do it by using a FTP file adapter.

For that u will have to install ftp server on your laptop.

You can't use NFS, as NFS is used to pick the file from XI server.

One free FTP server that you may try is GUILDFTP.

Just follow the instruction to set it up.

Then put your file in root directory of the FTP server..

You will need a Sender file adapter and RFC/IDoc adapter at the receiving end.

Regarding File adapter a few things which are worth checking are:

1) The Ip address given is correct.

2) The login details given in File receiver adpater are right

3) The server is running when you make the transfer, that is 'Allow logins' status is checked in case of guild FTP server or similar servers.

4) The destination directory is given as "/root" with "/" slash. If its a FTP server then the file needs to be in root folder.

5) All the firewalls are turned off.

6) File processing mode is 'Delete' to be sure your file is being picked up.

Regards,

Ashish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MMMM the SDN portal had a breakdown when I was posting this thread so I can't see the other thread you are talking about.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julio, Pls close this thread as you already have a similiar thread on your name...

Regards,

Ashish