Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Auth. Object - 2 TCodes - Need 2 different actions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have 2 transactions ( IDX1 & IDX2) which works with authorization code "S_IDOCMETA". I need to have different access levels set for these two transactions. For example, I need only display access for IDX1 tcode and I need full access for tcode IDX2. How shall I go about it. As its only one auth. object if I give full action, both tcodes are getting effected. Thanks in advance. Any help will be rewarded.

Regards,

Farooq.

2 REPLIES 2

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First the easier method.

Create two separate roles for these two transactions and add necessary auth values in the S_IDOCMETA. But the problem with this method is that once u assign both the roles to the end users then they will again end up having higher access for the two authorizations avaialable for S_IDOCMETA.

Second method is using custom auth object in place of S_IDOCMETA having all the fields of it and a field TCD transaction code in addition and place a check for this auth object in the transaction codes this is another solution which might be useful but u need to take the help of a ABAPER to get this done..

Hope this helps

Manohar

ashley_kenealy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

You need to maintain the default values for these transactions in SU24.

Regards

Ashley