cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI Assessment document ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

Is there someone that have an SAP XI "Assessment Document" and will be kind enough to share it with me (and us) ?

We are developing 14 scenarios (MQ/JMS- webMethods -SAP ECC 6.0 - JAVA based application) using SAP XI.

We are wondering if a lists of <things> that must not be forgot when putting in productions theses 14 scenarios (like a check list) !

Example, would be:

1) Schedule batch job for Alert Automation

2) Schedule batch job for archiving, Alerts epuration, etc

3) Make sure that the logging / tracing are at off

4) RFC xyz must be set,

5) etc ..

Many thank in advance !

A+

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michel

We call these "red book entries" and they basically differ from project to project depending on requirements of the customer!

We Create the document as we start developing in Dev:

Idoc config, SM59 connections, user ids, urls for webservces/soaps/http, Abap Proxies, scheduling information etc

Someone else then "QAs" this document into XI Test and ERP systems(for connections), etc

And again, someone else uses this same document to get ready for pre production testing, and then all the documenation is ready for handover.

As for the Alert automation/CCMS, we do those as a post installation step.

Anything else we take as a recommendation from SAP on the Pre Go Live health-check. This is always a very comprehensive document and details Java/abap/operating system and database improvements/settings to change/make.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We always prepare such doscuments specific to each and every project. There can never be a fixed set of guidelines, it is more of specific scenario's that drive the requirement.

Just a quick pointer to the list you have already compiled,

need not schedule any batch job for Alerting if you are SP 14 or above on XI 3.0

Another essential point is make sure that all user id 's being used in RFC destinations, Comm Channels etc are Non Expirining User ID's. You do not want to manually change passwords on a production system.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank for your response.

I was looking for a generic type of check list. However, i will make good point of you suggestion.

A+