created in R/3? I am on SCM 5.0.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any config you have to do on R/3 side to get alerts to show up in APO?

Not sure what the mechanism is that pulls the alerts from R/3 into APO?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to create "MRP views" in R/3, tcode OM0M and these views would show up in the "R/3 Alerts" tab in the APO alert monitor.

thanks

Varun

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not tried it yet either... Someone told me it should work with v5.0.

Are you on v5? If so, try it and let us know.

I am busy building our QA box so I don't have time to test it now.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken -

Can I ask the reason why you folks even considered pulling MRP alerts into APO ?

Our scenario here is that we have SNP for medium to long term planning and the short term planning(30 days out) is integrated with R/3 PP(No PPDS). Here are the reasons why I was even looking into pulling MRP alerts into APO:

1) MRP messages are very detailed and order specific and they also tell the user whether to schedule an order in or out.

Do you think there is a way for SNP Alerts to do this? I know that SNP is not meant for that but was just wondering if there is a way to do give out alerts which have detailed information(order specific and whether an order needs to be scheduled in or out) like MRP Messages.

2) These messages show up only in MD04 interactively and the idea was to pull these messages into APO and use the Alert notification functionality within APO to notify users.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

forgot to add:

Anyone with some inputs on this topic, please do let me know if you have had any experience with this kind of scenario!

Thanks!

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken -

I was able to successfully pull MRP alerts into the APO alert monitor in v4.1. Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks

Varun