cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Number Of Records Import Manager can handle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to know the maximum number of records Import Manager can import / handle at a time.

Thanks in advance .

Best Regards,

Ramchandra Kalkar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

There is no limitation to the number of records imported by the import manager at a time. one interesting thing to notice here is, the records are uploaded in chunk. the number of records a chunk can hold depends on the parameter settings "chunk size" in the mdis.ini file. The default is 50,000. and the import manager can process 5-10 chunks in parallel.

Regards,

sachin.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDIS is working in background. so there is no limitation for input. but import manager is working foreground. so there is optimization problem in uploading the data.optimization primarly relate to the no. of fields for input, only secondary to the no. of records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

If using the Import Server (MDIS) there is "unlimited" import size defined by the reference guide, but it lists "50,000 records" for the Import Manager client.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Best of my knowledge we can Import More than 50,000 datas.

Thanks

S.Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

The reference guide lists the limit at 50,000 records.

My experience is that this is not necessarily the case. To me it seems as though the maximum import depends somewhat on the number of fields you are trying to import. Meaning you can probably import 50,000 records if the file only contains two columns/fields, but if the file contains many columns/fields you probably will encounter difficulty trying to import 50,000 records at a time.