cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different pricing procedures in order n invoice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all SD champs,

This is prashant,

Please lemme knw if it is possible to have 2 different pricing procedures for an order and an invoice in same cycle?

If yes, how it can be done?

Help will be appreciated.

Regards,

prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally we use pricing from sales doc and if any modification we may use pricing type in copy control again in standard procedure we can use F1 instead of f2 (default)also or we can redetermine in billing doc ( we can't keep track with ref to sales order if we maintain deferent pricing proc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi n thx all, BUT I guess its going in too many directions. Can somebody summarize all above points, by removing the redundant data?

Message was edited by:

prashant m

Message was edited by:

prashant m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

It seems now you are bit confused

To conclude you can take in following way.

1.You can have different pricing procedure in Order nad Billing.

2.Through copy control price souce you can only determine the source of pricing but can not determine new procedure itself in billing document.

I think once you try this things in actual system,you will get a better idea

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can definately have separate pricing procedure in Sales Order & Billing Document.

Let me illustrate with Examples:

Assumption that we have Pricing Procedure ZVAA01, ZVAA02 & ZVAA03

Example 1:

<b>Normal Sales Cycle with same pricing procedure, but updated price (New Price). Here Document Pricing Procedure is maintained in Sales Document Type & Blank in Billing Type</b>

Sales Order (OR) --> Deliver (LF) --> Billing (F2)

Pricing procedure: ZVAA01

In copy control from Deliver to Billing, Maintain Pricing Type as 'B', which refers to Carry out new pricing. The role of this activity is in Billing Document, it will recalculate the prices, based on latest condition record i.e if there have been any change in condition record, it will reflect in Billing Document.

Example 2:

<b>Normal Sales Cycle with different pricing procedure as Document pricing procedure is different in Sales Order Type & Billing Type</b>

Pricing procedure: ZVAA01 & ZVAA02

Based on different document Pricing Procedure in Sales Order & Billing Document, in Sales order, say Pricing Procedure ZVAA01 is called & in Billing Pricing Procedure ZVAA02 is called.

Example 3:

<b>Stock Trasfer Process</b>, where Sales Order is not created & the Process Cycle is Purchase Order --> Delivery --> Billing. Here Document Pricing Procedure is maintained in Billing Type. Say Pricing Procedure ZVAA03 is determined.

It is assumed that Pricing Procedure determination & configuration is already known.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

• How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi n thx u all, Rajesh u rock man. u got the full points.

My question is answered now. Just tel me a small thing, in ur example no.2, what care shud be taken in copy cotl from LF to F2 regarding price source and price type? Or is it like, new DoPP for F2 will have priority over the price source?

That's a last minute thing. Plz let me know.

Thank u very much for ur detailed illustration.

Bye.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Amrish and koustubha, thx 4 yo explanations. But in pric. pro. determination, u maintain the DoPP for teh sales documnents right? U cant maintain it for billing docmt.

Amrish as u gave the Eg. of intercompany billing, I think that pricing is determined from the 'intercompany billing type' field from OR details.

N suppose If i wana have dift. pricing in F2 than in OR, then can I accomplish that? Now, can u tell me? please mispell my doubts.

Rewards guaranteed.

Message was edited by:

prashant m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant.,

You can take different doccument pricing procedure and do determination in OVKK for different pricing procedure and your problem gets solved,in VOFA of F2 you have document pricing procedure use this field

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, narayana. I think you have striked almost right cord. Thx.

In furtherance with the same issue, let me know the use of the 'price source' and 'price type' field in the copy cotl of 'TAN' from LF to F2. Don't we copy the pricing from the order to invoice by the 'price source' field? Then how come we use 2 difft pricing procedures in the same cycle? I guess we only can redetermine the pricing in F2? Am I right? Please guide me to the right direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pricing is determine on the basis of

Sales area + Doc Pricing procedure + Customer pricing procedure .

So by maintaining different pricing procedure for different document type u can have different pricing for sales order and invoices .

But we gerenerally don't do like this instead we use copy control to flow all the related data from sales order to invoice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definetly possible if you maintain different Dopp for sales document type and Billing document and maintain pricing procedure determination for both then it is possible

You have a classic example of intercompany billing

Where in order pricing procedure is RVAA01 and in Intercompany invoice procedure is ICAA01

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit